Corruption

"It's so nice of you to cook breakfast for us all, dear. It tastes wonderful. Do you cook often?" 

Honey, Mustard, and a few students were gathered around a table at the dojo while Morai was busy in the kitchen. She had slept there while Giovanni was made to sleep in the cave. 

"Thank you!" the trainer cheerfully replied. "I cook most of the food I eat. I like to keep it simple and be close what nature intended. Who knew you could make pancakes with only 5 ingredients?" 

Bzzt!

G: Bring me some of whatever you're making over there. 

M: No. You chose to come here. You can go forage for food.

G: That's stupid and a waste of valuable time. Don't be difficult, Morai. 

M: Fine. But you don't get blueberries in your pancakes.

G: I'll try to survive

Sigh

"If you don't mind, I'm going to take some leftovers back to my camp for my Pokémon," the trainer said.

"Of course! Be careful out there, now!" Honey sweetly replied.

"These are cold. The dojo isn't that far away," Giovanni said with a frown as he poked at his breakfast with a fork.

"Oh, whoops! I guess I grabbed the wrong ones," Morai said, throwing her hands up.

The trainer knew that what she was doing was petty, but Morai couldn't help herself. She stifled a childish giggle and watched the boss of a giant villainous organization struggle with his cold pancakes. In the meantime, she brushed Espurr's shiny fur and cleaned her masks. 

"So, it's day one out of seven. What's your big plan for today?" she asked.

"You're still unable to move well and it's going to rain for most of the day, so spending the day testing and improving your psychic abilities is our priority," Giovanni answered.

"Makes sense. I've never figured out how to improve anything other than what I call the 'Mind's Eye.' That's how I fought Mienshao. I can practice it pretty much anytime there's another living thing with eyes around. It's not very difficult."

"I see," the Rocket boss replied. "Take a page out of one of your journals and make a list of your known abilities. Then, on a scale of one to ten, judge them based on how well you can perform them without help."

I didn't take Giovanni for the type of person to make lists...other than blacklists, maybe. Okay, let's see...

Abilities

Mind Control: 1

Mind's Eye: 7

Foresight: 0? 

"Done! Here you go," Morai said. Giovanni seemed eager for any chance to set his half-eaten pancakes aside. He looked at Morai's paper and gave it a quick once-over, still chewing the last bite he took. 

"Alright. That's...fine. This is fine. It'll just take more work than I thought, is all." 

Morai looked at him, not sure what to make of his reaction. Was it really that bad?

"Let's actually test these out, starting with your strongest," he continued. "Tell me how it works."

"Long story short, I can close my eyes and see from the perspective of another person, as long as their eyes are open. I think if I develop it enough, I won't even have to close my eyes."