Vansh nodded and then shook hands with the doctor before leaving his chamber.

    Mrs. D'Souza asked Riddhima about the lunch menu when she returned. 

    "I'll have chowmein. I told the driver to stop the car at one of the street food stalls. You won't believe that he said he couldn't double cross his Boss's order. Just imagine.", Riddhima complained to Mrs. D'Souza to control her urge to eat the street food. 

    A nod from Mrs. D'Souza was all that was offered in response to her complaints.

    Riddhima freshened up and checked her mobile device and found an email waiting for her. 

    When she opened her inbox, she discovered an image attachment in that email and downloaded it, and her eyes popped out, her mind stopped working, tears escaped from her eyes. Sitting on the bed, her legs close to her chest, she hid her face.

    It was evening, Riddhima was still in a bind, unaware of how to fix the problem. She searched all the contacts in her phone and discovered two new entries-  Angre and Shakib. 

    She muttered, "Who is this Shakib?" 

    As she shuffled through the chaos in her head, she called Ritu, but somehow the call was not connected. Frustrated, she threw the phone at one corner of the bed. 

    She approached Vansh's desk and opened his laptop to check whether any merit lists of the colleges she applied to were available. She found in one of the colleges, candidates who applied for Botany as an honours subject were given dates for interview. 

    Despite doing so much, she was unable to forget the email she saw. 

    After closing the laptop, she turned and saw Vansh standing behind her. 

    In a bolt from the blue, Riddhima asked, "When did you come?". 

    "It's been 15 minutes.", Vansh replied. 

    Riddhima observed him from tip to toe and realised that he had already freshened up. 

    "You want to say something?", Vansh asked her looking straight into her eyes. 

    Riddhima noticed that the way Vansh relaxed himself the other day after coming back home was missing. 

    No, she replied to him. 

    He bent down to mirror her height, taking her hand in his, he asked again with assurance in his eyes, "Are you sure?" 

    The young woman stammered as she replied, "Yes." 

    They heard a knock, and after Vansh granted permission, the servant left with the dinner. Vansh signalled her to have dinner. 

    He bid a good night to her and slept on the couch. 

    Riddhima couldn't sleep, the image she saw in that email was still stuck in her mind. She sat on the bed and looked at Vansh who was fast asleep.

    Vansh felt some movements around him. 

    In a jolt he opened his eyes and saw Riddhima sitting on the floor in front of him. 

    He got up immediately and switched on the light feeling perturbed. 

    Vansh cupped her face sitting on the floor and asked, "What happened? Why are you not sleeping? Tell me. What is bothering you?" 

    She gave her phone to him and said, "I got an email. See it." 

    Vansh without further ado opened the mail and saw the images and kept her phone aside.

    "Get up. Come with me and sleep.", he said while holding her arms to help her get up.

    Riddhima was looking at him as if she wanted to hear his words. 

    He helped her to lay down, after covering her with the blanket, he continued passing his fingers through her hair to calm her, after kissing her knuckles, he said, "Nothing will happen. Just relax. You will find me beside you every second of your life. I want you to trust me. Share all your problems, worries, difficulties with me just the way you did right now. I will handle everything. Riddhima, relax and sleep. I'm right here with you."

    Riddhima felt a piece of peace in her heart, the serenity engulfed her, the gestures and words of Vansh did all the wonders in her heart and soul. She closed her eyes believing him, trusting him, feeling the care he had for her.

    Vansh realized Riddhima was in deep slumber. 

    He took out his phone and called Angre. Angre answered his phone. 

    "Did the IT cell find out about the mail they told me about in the afternoon?" 

    "Yes. Boss. Your guess was right it was him. We are waiting for your next command.", Angre replied. 

    "4 a.m. In his house. Let's create the real drama.", with a vicious aura, Vansh commanded.

How was the chapter?....

Feedback in Comment Section.....

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

FOLLOW

Take care of yourself and your family......