patient 56 || kim sunoo

I was an nurse working at a mental hospital, My mother retired from her job and I had no choice but to apply one for myself so that we can have something for living. I expected anything but this but here I am, working here.

"Y/N, do you mind if you check patient 56? He has been oddly quiet and I need you to check on him just incase he did something bad to himself," My co-worker paused and sighed "again"

I nodded and with that I went to the patient's room to check on them, I opened the door and saw an boy sitting at his bed who looks very pale.

This is normal, very normal for patients here to have pale skin. Nah, It depends on the patient.

I cleared my throat gaining his attention, he looked up at me and smiled widely.

"Hello there, I'm here to check up on you" I said, he held my hand randomly making me flinch to the sudden contact.

His skin is very cold.

"You're very pretty y/n!" He said still smiling widely and also holding my other hand.

"Thank you---" He was quick enough to cut me off and cupped my cheeks "You're the most beautiful caretaker I ever had"

"Sunoo-- Please get your hands off my face" I said trying not to sound rude but all I got was an glare from him. He removed his hands on my face while standing up.

"Fucking bitch! Do you not want me to compliment you? You're lucky enough I haven't teared you to pieces, brat" He said making me gulp in fear.

"Get out!" He motioned me to get out of his room, I quickly grabbed my things and got out of his room while sighing in relief.

-

Nari, my co-worker and I were talking about our experiences here throughout the years. Some of her experiences were really scary while mine was just normal, I guess since I was kinda new here and a rookie.

We were having an good chat until she brang the topic about patient 56, Kim Sunoo. She asked me about how he was doing and if he had not harmed himself. All I remembered was all he said yesterady.

"You're lucky enough i haven't teared you to pieces, brat"

I shook off the thought and answered Nari's questions.

"Nari, is Sunoo the violent type of a person?" I asked and she stopped playing with her fingers while looking at me intensely.

"Has he done anything bad to you yesterday?!" She grabbed my shoulders and looked at my eyes deeply.

"No of course not but is he?" She nodded and sighed.

"Well, every caretaker he had always end up dead and we had no choice but to only check him through the screen"

"Through the screen? You won't enter his room?" I asked, curiously.

"No because all caretakers who would go inside his room would end up getting stabbed or end up dying the next day so that's why I asked you if you could check him but only through the screen though" She explained to me, I was in relief since I came in to his room and ended up not getting killed, well almost though.

"I went in to his room though," I saw Nari's eyes widened and she motioned me to continue my sentence "and he didn't do anything bad to me but he held my hand and cupped my cheeks randomly which is kinda weird"

"THAT IS INDEED WEIRD!" Nari screamed making all the workers look at us, she apologized to them. I shrugged my shoulders and rested my head on the table.

-

Nari was absent today and my co-worker told me that I needed to check on Sunoo again. I was nervous ever since Nari told me everything about his caregivers.

"Y/N, the CCTV seemed to have broke and we can't check him through the screen so can you perhaps--"

"I can but make sure to reserve me an coffin" I cutted him off since I knew what he was going to say next. He chuckled and wished me luck.

I was both nervous and scared, I twisted the doorknob and entered the room, his room.

"Sunoo" I called for him but he didn't react at all.

It took for a few calls until he had finally reacted, he looked up at me while grinning mischievously.

"You're back! My precious love, look, I made a drawing of us two. Isn't it pretty?" He said showing me his art, I had to admit, his drawing skills were beautiful. I was mesmerized but it's not the time for that I needed to check on him making sure he was healthy.

"Are---"

"If you're here to only check if I'm healthy then yes, I am" He quickly said, pouting.

"I want you to spend time with me miss y/n not to only check on me" I smiled at him and ruffled his hair

"I'll try to Sunoo" I assured him, he smiled widely.

"I have to go now Sun, See you soon" I bid him a goodbye, waving at him. He waved back like a kid making me giggle at his cuteness.

Oh no what is wrong with me..

Patient 56, Kim Sunoo's POV

As soon as she left my room I couldn't stop smiling but my smile soon left off on my face as I realized that there are patients that she'd be visiting and also there is a high possibility that they'll spend time with eachother.

I scoffed, while thinking of a way for her to only spend time with me even if it involves someone dying.

"She's too lovely, I can't keep her go touch other people" I said to myself and as soon an idea came to my mind, I smirked.

"Lovely y/n, I'll protect you from the cruel society do not worry"