I Thought You Just Idolized Him

"That's Endeavor! He's the coolest hero." Keigo points at the fire man on the tv then looks at his little sister.
"Wow," she whispers. "So cool."
"I wanna be cool just like him when I grow up. I'm gonna be a hero and I'm gonna protect people."
(Y/n) smiles widely, showing off her missing front tooth. "You're already the coolest, big brother. I love you so much."
"I love you too (Y/n)."
The girl pouts cutely and crosses her arms. "That's not my name."
The winged boy laughs softly. "Oh yeah, sorry. Song bird."
"That's me~" she sing-songs.

(Y/n) watches the news on her friend's phone as they walk down the hall after school.
"Did you hear about All Might? I guess that means Endeavor is the new #1." The girl mumbles.
"I don't like Endeavor. He'll never be as good as All Might." Their other friend comments.
"How can you say that? Endeavor is awesome! He's way better than All Might." (Y/n) questions.
Her two friends look at her confused.
She blushes deeply and walks away quickly.

"Get it together (Y/n). He's too old for you. And he's way out of your league." She scolds herself.
She leans against the wall of the empty staircase.
"But he's so handsome and strong. I would feel so safe in his arms."
Her imagination runs wild but gets interrupted by her phone ringing.
"Hello?"
"Hey song bird I got dinner tonight. I'll be home soon."
"Oh ok. I'll meet you there. Did you um... did you work with Endeavor today?"
"Uh yeah. We took down some Nomu earlier today. Why do you ask?"
"No reason really. I heard he's gonna be the new #1. That means you're taking his place as #2 right? Maybe I could make you some cake in celebration."
"Thanks song bird. We can do that together when we get home. I love you."
"I love you too."

The girl quickly hangs up the phone and covers her face.
I can't let him know. He'd be so angry with me. I need to stop asking about him. Keigo can't know I'm in love with his idol. We will never be together.
The weather is nice so it made the walk home feel shorter and obviously her constant thoughts about the hero weren't helping.

Keigo comes up behind his sister and scares her as she opens the front door.
(Y/n) spins around and slaps her brother as a reflex.
He holds his cheek as he laughs softly. "Sorry I had to. You left yourself open."
"Hawks that was uncalled for." A familiar voice scolds.
(Y/n)'s eyes widen as she looks up at the flame hero. "E-E-E..." She trails off, unable to finish his name.
"You are (Y/n) correct? Hawks tells me you're a big fan. He doesn't shut up about you really." Enji holds out his hand.
She stares at his hand for a minute or so.
The ring on his left hand catches her attention.

Suddenly tears stream down her cheeks.
"Did I say something wrong?" The hero asks quickly, pulling his hand away.
"Song bird what's wrong? I thought this was a nice surprise for you." Hawks asks, putting his hand on her shoulder.
She covers her face and runs inside to her room.
"(Y/n)!" Keigo calls, reaching out to her.
"I'm getting déjà vu. It's like that pink haired boy. Does she enjoy my less than nice version as well?" Enji asks, looking at the blonde.
"I don't know. She doesn't really talk about stuff like that. I think she likes you no matter what."
"Then why did she run away?" The tall man questions.
"I don't know. Let me go talk to her. Maybe we can have dinner another time. Go eat with your family. Have a nice night, Endeavor."
"You too Hawks." The redhead leaves, still confused by the situation.

"He's married! Of course he's married. I'm such an idiot. I knew he was out of my league. Why didn't the thought of him being taken cross my mind?! Why did I have to fall in love with him? I'm such an idiot. Now Keigo will probably hate me and Endeavor probably thinks I'm a weirdo."
She cries loudly as she paces her room.
Finally she collapses onto her bed and cries into her pillow.

Keigo knocks gently and walks in. "Baby bird please don't cry. Talk to me. What happened?"
"I can't!" She yells and grips her pillow.
"How long have you had a crush on him?"
(Y/n) looks at her brother quickly.
"Sorry. I overheard you. I don't hate you and he doesn't think less of you. I wish I would've known. I could've told you sooner that he's married and has a family. I thought you just idolized him like me. I'm sorry I didn't realize before."
More tears stream down her cheeks but she wipes them with her thumb.

"I tried not to. I kept telling myself that he's too old for me and that he's too good for me. But I couldn't help it. He's everything I want in a partner."
Keigo holds his sister close and rubs her back. "You deserve the best (Y/n). Yeah maybe it isn't Enji but I'm sure they're out there somewhere. Obviously no one is cooler than me but I'm sure they're close."
A small laugh escapes her lips.
"That's right. You're the coolest, big brother."
"Damn right I am."
"Cocky much," she mumbles.

"Song bird just promise me you won't let this get to you. Do your best to move on and find someone else. Endeavor is a married man with four kids. Well three kids now."
"What do you-"
"Don't worry about it. Just get over this crush and find someone else. But know that I will break his legs if he hurts you."
His dark aura comes back but her laugh makes him smile.
"I love you Keigo."
"I love you too (Y/n)."