Somewhere Different

"Hey kid, are we still going out for lunch?" Hawks asks through the phone as he flies toward his apartment.
"Yeah. I have a surprise for where we're going."
"I thought we were getting KFC?" The hero asks, disappointment evident in his tone.
"Not today. We're still getting chicken I promise. Just a different place. I promise you'll like it."
The blonde pouts but sighs. "If you say so kid. I'll be there in a couple minutes. Are you ready yet?"
"Yeah. I'm putting on my shoes right now."

Once they hang up, Hawks flies through his bedroom window and wraps his arms around his girlfriend's waist from behind.
"Hi baby bird."
"Hi Birdie. Did you miss me?"
"Of course I did. I'll take your company over any hero or villain?"
"Even Endeavor?" (Y/n) questions, smirking.
"Know your place." He grumbles and walks toward the front door.
The woman laughs softly and follows. "Yes, yes I know. Endeavor is number 1 in your heart."
"Yes he is. But I promise you're a very close 2nd."
(Y/n) rolls her eyes and gets in her car.
Keigo gets into the passenger seat and they drive to their destination.

"I found this place recently and it made me remember my time in America." (Y/n) explains as she walks into Popeyes.
"I think I went to one once while I was there. I don't remember it though. I'm open to trying it again." The blonde offers.
The woman smiles and orders for them while Hawks finds a seat.
Once she brings over the tray she takes a sip of her drink.
"It smells good."
"And it tastes even better. I promise. It's just as good as KFC."
The hero looks at his girlfriend skeptical, but takes a bite and immediately melts.

(Y/n) eats her own lunch while she enjoys her boyfriend savoring his favorite meal.
"It's so good," he whispers.
"Better than-"
"Don't push it." He cuts her off.
The (h/c) raises her hands in surrender but laughs softly. "I love you Birdie. Obviously I wouldn't have brought you here if I didn't think you'd like it."
"I know. I love you too baby bird. Thank you again for this. This is a much needed and appreciated break."

(Y/n) puts her, now, clean hand on top of his.
Her thumb rubs his knuckles.
"Keigo I am always gonna be here and I will always be that escape. You can relax and be your true self. The arrogant, selfish asshole." She jokes and laughs quietly.
"I just hate the feeling of being a burden that comes with your offer."
"Except you're not a burden. Keigo you are my everything. My world. I love you."
Keigo squeezes her hand tightly.

(Y/n) pulls away and goes back to eating. "Now hurry up and eat before it gets cold... and we both start crying." She mumbles the last part.
The hero nods and continues eating.
Afterward he takes the garbage and dumps it.
(Y/n) drives them back to his apartment and locks the car.
"That was really good. I'm glad we went there. The flavor was definitely different from KFC. The sides tasted better though, especially the seasonings."
The woman shrugs as if she's saying, I told you so.
"It definitely reminded me of my time in America. The people, the food and the good times. All the pleasant memories came flooding back. Thank you baby bird."
"You're welcome Birdie." She whispers and kisses him.

Hawks picks (Y/n) up and carries her to the bedroom and lays her on the bed.
"Cuddle time?" She asks hopefully.
The hero chuckles and nods. "Oh yeah. I need cuddles ASAP."
Once they are laying down Keigo holds (Y/n) close and plays with her hair.
His other hand rubs her back.
(Y/n) rests her arm on her pillow which is over Keigo's arm. She closes her eyes and rubs his back as well.
Their legs intertwine and soon settle down comfortably.
"You're so warm and calming." The woman whispers into his chest.
"You fit perfectly in my arms and I never wanna let go." He mumbles near her ear.

A shiver runs down her spine and he chuckles quietly.
"That was cheesy." She mumbles and looks up at his face.
One eye peaks open and looks down at her.
"Oh yeah? Oh well." He mumbles and closes his eye again.
(Y/n) smiles and shakes her head. She buries her face in his shirt and inhales his scent.
"Hey Keigo. You really should go shower." She whispers, holding back a laugh.
"But I don't wanna." The hero grumbles.
"You came home from fighting villains right? Which means you smell and need a shower."
"Why did you go on a date with me if I smelled then?"
"Because I didn't notice it until now. Now go and I'll change the sheets. I've been meaning to change them anyways. That way I can change into pjs while I wait."
The young man groans dramatically as he gets up and makes his way to the bathroom.
(Y/n) laughs softly as she watches then gets to work on her tasks.