"But what Mom?" I left her sentence incomplete challenging her, raise a brow showing my annoyance.

"You know it all Neil. Why Avni is a big no!" She hissed looking straight at me with her hardened gaze before I tested her more.

She isn't sterile. I wanted to scream at Mom, if this conversion is moving to that direction only.

"You know what? you never loved her or you wouldn't have said all these. You are so weak Mom. I never pictured you this self- centered" I snarled not able to hold it anymore loosing my temper at this point. But completely dodging off my argumentative statement what she said next in retort left me speechless. I felt a soft squeeze on my shoulder, silently saying me to grip up my composure, parallelly reassuring me her support. It's Bebe.

"It's was always there as clear as a day. But Someone blind like me never saw it. Such a thick-headed I'm feeling of myself this moment now" her contrite tone. Mom rambled letting out a scoff in disbelief which stirred my heart dropped for the second time in a day. I felt a prodigious air forming in my chest at the sight of my Mom sat with a thud on a settee close to her, behind.

"Ooh God Tillu. ye kya kardiya tuney. You can't love Avni....you just can't" she whined, her muffled voice came out when she spoke sinking her face in between her both palms nodding vigorously. She sat down back on her seat with a thud draining out her energy to leave it anytime soon. And I stared at her exhaling out and inhaling in my frenzied breath. This is something going to be a real task, I couldn't know it better than this.

I thought we would have a heated argument but mom didn't give me a chance of it, again. She looked hurt more than angry. I wasn't prepped for anything like this. How would I make her understand the thing she already admitting then again saying I shouldn't have done the right thing because she thought of my life would be something else? Or rather she wants her grandchildren to be here on earth without any commotion. Mom is only focussing on some absurd aspects of our unseen future, more than the real situation at the moment.

****

"Oh C'mon Bhai don't stress out, everything will be absolutely on track soon. Mom will get over this and wrap her mind around" Aman cavalier words are, the moment he emerged in my office room. He suggested, when he saw me in a very pensive mood.
His hands hunched over the chair tightly across the desk between us, opposite me the other side. I looked up, released a deep sigh. Three of us reached office a little earlier to evade the ambience in breakfast table today. So I'm in my office before time, hasn't started yet the day.

"I know. Actually I'm feeling bad for Dad. Mom isn't talking to him. I felt it, in breakfast table she is awfully silent." I conceded, sighed deeply thinking the ambience we had in breakfast few hours ago. Last night she strode up to her room by her demeanor it was apparent how hurt I got her and also she is in a state of conflicting followed her inner agony. And the worst part was Mom wasn't in a talking mode nor looking at us at all, therefore I'm not getting a clear view of her mind, what's going on there.
What if she walks up to their place, say something to Avni and her family? Everything could be messed up within a second if something happens ditto as my anticipation. This thought itself suffice to get my breathing amok, nerves pulsating. least I want to end up squabble with my mother at this point. But I think she would leave no other option for me if she continues with her antsy over this one topic.

Neela Aunty is already against it, the reason is only because of Mom. She knows mom would never going to be appreciating this news. And Reyaansh uncle? I don't want to imagine what would be his reaction on this. At the thought of him knowing it this way my inside already tensed.

This is not how I wished to be come up this one topic to everyone. We didn't want to hurt anyone.

"I too noticed it.
Let's Dad handle his wife, you don't stress out. It's there thing you don't involve, they will dissolve it subsequently whatever miscommunication has grown in between them" Aman's voice brought me back in present breaking my trance. And I immediately realised I'm running my hands too many times through my hair. Sighing deeply I rested my hands on the desk clasping together under my chin.