Chapter 50

Avni

"You did. what?" With her eyes wide Juhi freaked out. Next moment her squeal rendered my heart raced too high that I felt my parents will heard it out from their room they went to bed an hour ago.
Mom, Dad is back today morning to when I was having my breakfast Meenu di made idli as she knew they are reaching soon. And as soon as Dad freshen up, after having a heavy meal next hour he has arrived the clinic. Since Mamma is back home, she is no more with her cold-shoulder demeanor towards me any more, rather I have found her much placid and a little worn out as if she haven't sleep for a whole week. Therefore it's not the time to bombard her asking about Kakai's heath at this time while I already have a small chat with Dadda when he basked on couch for few minutes before he walk to his room to freshen up. Uncle is doing fine now, his family as well. He has to be strict with his diet for the rest of his life. If he wants to get well soon and also stay healthy. This is what Doc said keeping his eyes on his report chart. No more Mutton kasha, no more Shorshey Elish and many more spicy food especially which all Kakai likes the most ( Hilsa with mustard gravy) Both are Kakai's favourite. Alas!
And a thorough check up every month and a Echocardiogram in every six month, if needed.

"You heard it" I said, bit my inner cheek rolling the ring around my finger growing jittery.

"What am I missing guys?" Aman said re-adjusting his front Cam joining a little late.

"Just shut up and sit your butt down on that untidy seat of yours. eww it look so scruffy.. " Juhi let out a exasperated breath, then scrunches her nose made a face.

"Waha se bhi dikhrah hai kya?" Aman meekly mumbled taking few cringey glances all over his chair he has settled in. His clothes piled over the headrest and a pair of vest he just now towed away the armrest after Juhi made that comment. I bit a chuckle at his mortified facade.

In response Juhi rolled her eyes and thereafter instantly her gaze widened back at me catching back to the topic we are in.

"I want all the details" she frowned.

"What details,?" Aman regained his strength nonchalantly said but immediately freaked out unlike Juhi did it before. He is petrified rather.

"Like seriously! he is my brother for god sake guys. Crap I'm not at all interested about his sex life" Aman added in terror.

"Then get lost" I bit my lips suddenly feeling abashed by his words unlike Juhi butting Aman through the screen. It's 11:30 pm we have gathered around a zoom call. Never mind Ayan is my only guy best friend since we were in kindergarten. There is no word like secret between us, especially stuffs like from having our first kiss to loosing that precious thing like, the another term known as vCcard. Well, I know it all of them. His first kiss to how many crushes he had and how badly he got ditched once when Aman was in 11th standard. A girl he liked did double timing and the day he had his first heart break. Aman was totally whipped by that girl and she broke his heart brutally.
Great never mind, Bad experience gives you lesson and good experience gives you memory. This is what I said him like some ted-talk speaker when Sweta Mom called me to have a watch on Aman as he is not talking to anyone that's out of his charming character since a whole weak. That entire day I spent with Aman mending his smashed heart, we watched all those comedy movies we have already seen several times by then. And had lots of chocolate, pizzas and call it night not before having a five minutes walk to our favourite Sundae parlour and devoured into those extra big bucket dessert with extra marshmallow toppings. It was heaven. And that's how Aman and I are friends forever in our thick and thin.

"Okay guys time out" Ayan gained our attention and we did look at him. Me snapping out of my daze.

"Listen Av relax. You have done nothing, it's all your dreams. Okay!" Holding his breath he speak in an extra serious tone.