Chapter 54

Neil

"Are you planning to be like this the entire time or we would talk?" Beaming I said breaking this head pricking silence after nearly about ten minutes when I saw her face skewed to the window and there is a small frown over her forehead since she got inside my car.

Next Sunday we are having our pending housewarming ritual. There is so much to be prepared. Mom, Bebe, Neela Aunty will be getting few stuffs from the local bazar this week. And I thought to go for few stuffs from the super market. However the genuine reason behind is totally different. I wanted some alone time with my love.
And being as lethargic as in any other Sunday I knew after having a heavy bengali meal full of those fishes, mutton, mouthwatering sweets her tummy fill she would take a long siesta until late evening. And as the thought hit me my text woke her up around 5 which spared her only fifteen minutes before I pulled my car near their portal to pick my girl.

I don't know what excuse she has cooked up telling her mother about this unplanned departure of her at this time.

I saw her toying with her watch around her wrist, eyes blankly outside the windshield. She does this thing when she gets frantic over something. This time I'm the cause.

"Avni I'm talking to you baby" my sotto voice was while driving. She made a weird lips movement shrugging off my endeavours in attempt to placid her a little.

"Why didn't you send me any reply yesterday after I did text you?" She said her eyes still awfully outside the window in pretend of dodging me. Nowithstanding I thanked god because she spoke. Doesn't matter how annoyed she looked, atleast I brought out a reply from her. Or she was in full mood not to talk to me whatsoever, in response to my last night ignorance to her text.
I was not in mood to reply her or anything when I was in the middle of such serious conversation with Aunty. The whole car ride went in grave silence between me and Aunty. Subsequently I had nothing to talk, neither her. We both lost in our own thoughts until I dropped her in a near by supermarket as she instructed me to. That is 5minutes walking distance from our place. May be she didn't want to be seen with me by any member of her family, especially her younger daughter.

"I did send you morning wish jaan" I replied softly, my gaze amused taking a glance over her then back to road. Although unwantedly it was my fault, still I can't let her get me.

Well, She is still that little Avni who used to grow grumpy whenever she find herself being disregarded by someone, especially me. My lips curved a grin glancing at her that sullen form. She look cute though. Few things never change.

"Neil. You very well know what I'm talking about" her reprimanding tone. Avni casted me a brief glare then her gaze back to that previous spot.

"I'm not. I'm not. Don't make this face. You have no idea you look uber cute making such faces" I couldn't help freed my hand to stretched over her and they grabbed her cheeks. I squeezed them talking to her. And In reply Avni grew petulant more, crossed her arms under her chest. I wish I haven't driving right now.

"Did you see Mamma today?" She said letting out a brusque sigh.

"What happened to her?" Instantly my playful mood changed into serious one at the mention of her mother.

"It seems something really bothering her big time She is looking distant since I last remember I saw her." Avni stated and I felt my stomach slightly tightened. All the Yesterday conversation we had flashed in my mind, I felt I'm having difficult in breathing.

"And you have awfully ignored me until today morning" she added, returned back to her sour mood and I sighed heavily, turned the vehicle to the left.

"And you didn't reply me. So we are in same page now" I smirked, tried to get rid of this unnerving energy.