⋆ Chapter 6 ⋆

Start from the beginning

"The only other thing we did that day was go to that burger place..." Kobe stated, "and then the chick fucking spilled our drinks."

Nadia face palmed her forehead in disbelief.

"What did I say?" Before Kobe could continue talking about the situation I walked out the cafeteria. I was trying to hold myself together but it was becoming very overwhelming and too much.

I stood outside the cafeteria doors taking deep breaths, I didn't want to have an anxiety attack or anything...my nerves were really bad.

Nadia walked out of the cafeteria and approached me. "Jose I apologize for them I didn't get a chance to explain the situation and they didn't know it was you but when I explain everything will be fin-"

"It's okay." I paused. "I'm not upset I just needed a little break... but why didn't you tell me it was him?"

"Who Silas? I tried before we came to lunch but Mr.Freya called you...and then there was no other time to tell you..."

"He's not going to like me being around...and I don't want to cause anything..."

"Silas doesn't run this friend group, and he has nothing to say you guys got off on the wrong foot but you haven't really met..."

"And we're not going to...I'm only around for you and Tessa...but I just needed a breather I'm ready to go back in."

We walked back in and sat down on both sides of Tessa.

"Yo Jossy my fault, I didn't know that was you Friday but the burgers were good as hell when does the discount end?" Kobe blurted while talking with his mouth full.

"It's Josie and you already got your discount Friday."

"Well, I had enough of socializing for the day, catch you guys later." Damon got up and headed to the trash to throw his lunch away.

"Back to being a loner." Kobe spoke while drinking his juice.

"I wouldn't necessarily say that..." Damon responded." I have my days where I hate people and right now it's you."

Kobe flicked Damon off but lowered it quickly when Mr.Dawson looked over in his direction.

We all laughed in sync.

"Keep laughing Nadia and I'll go get Issac." Nadia glared at Kobe dropping her smile when he said this.

For the rest of lunch, we talked and laughed and had a good time. It was nice to be social for once and I really appreciated their effort to make me comfortable at least.

When the bell rang we all began to head back to the rest of our classes leaving me and Nadia by ourselves.

"So Issac huh?" I whispered to Nadia as we walked together.

I didn't know who he was nor had I ever seen him before. I haven't seen the majority of the kids at my school knowingly because I always kept to myself.

"Uck please-" Nadia sighed. "He isn't anything special."

"So what was he like...a crush?"