⋆ Chapter 4 ⋆

Começar do início

But he graduated a year before and he wanted to keep all of his achievements at one school only, and besides, I never liked making anyone feel bad for me or feel like they had to help me because of my situation so it was easier for me to not say anything about it.

I didn't want to feel pity.

I really appreciated him though, even though he was a work friend...I felt like he knew how badly I needed this job without knowing anything and that's why it would bother him a lot when Andrea would get on me about small things.

I honestly never understood her problem with me.

While lost in my thoughts I couldn't believe how slow it was today at work.

On weekdays it was mostly always slow, but it normally picked up on the weekends. And given the fact that it was Friday it was going to start to get very busy as the day went on.

Jackson was a big help on busy days like these when we worked together. He always picked up my slack and I did the same.  We found ways to get through the day without either of us overworking ourselves because it was only us two upfront dishing out orders.

"We got 5 burgers, one with everything on it and one with no tomatoes and onions, and the other three with no pickles." Jackson spoke back to Mike reading off of his notepad.

"That's a big order." I said to Jackson as I was sweeping in front of the counter and picking up empty little ketchup packets off the floor. "Their for a group of people or singles?"

"Group." He answered. "It's like 5 high schoolers at the booth, some real assholes honestly, one of them keeps asking Rena for her number she told me when she was back there cleaning tables." He folded up his towel and began to walk over and make drinks.

"Really? I can take their drinks over to them."

"No-no, I got it but table three needs a good clean." he insisted.

I loaded the drinks that he had made onto the tray when he had his back turned to me. "Right...I'll get that after I take these drinks to the assholes booth-"

Before Jackson could object I scurried from the counter headed in the direction to bring the drinks over to the table of five.

When I got close to the booth I could hear obnoxious laughing and deep voices.

As I turned the corner I could see the back of a blonde-headed girl and across from her another girl. On both sides, there were two boys beside them.

As I was getting closer I couldn't make out the other blonde-headed girl's features who was across from the other until I was halfway close to their booth.

And that's when I realized...

It was Tessa.

I immediately stopped walking at that point, stopping in the middle of the aisle.

Before she could notice it was me, I put my head down and walked in the direction that I came from.

I felt a funny feeling in my stomach like my stomach was turning in knots, I felt sick.

I couldn't believe they had came here and I was their waiter, I was feeling so many emotions at once still trying to process everything.