21

Darcy was still sick. She felt lightheaded at this point, as if she were to fall apart.

Vanitas entered the room, warm tea in hand.

Darcy groaned, her throat sore, her head and legs throbbing, her whole body essentially numb.

She was fatigued, she couldn't sleep.

Vanitas sighed, seeing her state.

"You need to see a doctor-"
"No!" Darcy choked out, interrupting Vanitas as he mumbled inaudible words.

Darcy sobbed a bit, due to her sudden burst her throat began to hurt again. Even worse this time.

Vanitas held the back of his bare hand to her head, her temperature was hot.

"A fever..?" He muttered.

Darcy sobbed again.

He got up and ran downstairs to the kitchen, grabbing a small glass and pouring cold water into it.

He went upstairs and gave the water to Darcy, helping her sit up so she could drink it.

After she sipped most of the water, Vanitas placed it on the bedside table next to the tea.

Darcy closed her eyes, mouth partially open as her head fell onto Vanitas' shoulder.

She rested her head buried into the crook of his neck, she felt comfortable this way.

"Do you wanna take a bath?" Vanitas suddenly asked, combing her hair with his fingers.

Darcy hummed, "A.. Bath? B-But- I can't get up.." She said.

"I'll help you... If that's alright with you." Vanitas said, looking away from the brunette, a slight pink tinting his cheeks.

She let out a quiet but audible gasp of pure suprise. She didn't expect him to say that.

"I mean..." She said, moving so the side of her forehead was on his shoulder, as she played around with his shirt to distract herself.

"I don't know..." She said quietly.

"You haven't taken one in a while. Like I said, I can help you." Vanitas spoke.

Darcy inhaled deeply, "O-Okay.."

Vanitas squeezed his eyes shut.

He got up and helped her undress a bit. He left her silk chemise to her.

Darcy didn't seem to entirely mind, though she just stared into space.

Vanitas picked up Darcy and carried her to the bathroom, sitting her down on the soft fluffy white carpet.

He got the tub ready and filled with warm(ish) water. It wasn't too hot to touch, but not too cold that she'll freeze. It wasn't cool, but it wasn't warm.

It was in the middle.

"I'll leave you here." Vanitas said, before Darcy grabbed his hand.