'Warm Light' ― 10

Authors note:
'Hi my little pumpkins ! I decided to actually continue this work, please enjoy and give me some suggestions too, maybe? Enjoy!'

Authors note:'Hi my little pumpkins ! I decided to actually continue this work, please enjoy and give me some suggestions too, maybe? Enjoy!'

©2022

Mentions of blood, possible bloodsucking & kissing

..

It was midnight.. Darcy was just sleeping but now, she is in a grass field, blue and white poppies spread over.
The sky a nice fading color of orange mixed with blue and purple at the horizon.

She had been feeling awfully cold this past month.. But here, it was warm.

She felt a presence behind her, she looked behind her but was abruptly brought back into reality.

She looked beside her to see a familiar face.
Vanitas.
He was back.

"Vani..?" She asked, it was evident in her voice and appearance she hadn't been getting any sleep at all lately.

"It's me, the one and only. Mon amour." He said.

Darcy smiled, pulling Vanitas into a hug, which he accepted.

Finally Darcy pulled away.
"Why did you come back?" She asked, staring into his blue orbs.
"You see.. We- Well, I.. Cannot get back. Only Noé was able to go." Vanitas answers.

Darcy sighed, she sat up and looked at him.

"Vanitas." She said, Vanitas hummed. Her soft expression was replaced with a serious one.
"What would you do if I was a curse bearer?" She asked.
Vanitas' eyes shot open, "Don't ask that.." He almost yelled.

Darcy sighed, before laying back down and pulling Vanitas into bed with her, she cuddled up against his chest, she fell asleep lulled by his heart beating.

..

She was back..
The flower field.

She sat down, admiring the flowers and the setting sun.

Before, she saw it...

A black shadow like figure with red eyes and a mouth that looked like it was sketched on.

'Naenia..? B-But how!'
Was the only thing she could think about.
She was now standing, the shadow in front of her.