20

don't mind the image above I found it on tumblr and it's pretty funny 🤨

..

Darcy was asleep, since Noé was back in their world and Vivi was with her family, it was only Darcy and Vanitas left.

Darcy, despite somehow being a vampire, still has a body like a human. She can get very sick easily, and her wounds heal at a normal pace.

It's unusual.

Unfortunately, Darcy did catch a cold on the weekends.

Vanitas was left to take care of her, as she layed in bed.

Vanitas hadn't cooked in a while, since he'd just help himself to quick snacks at stalls and such he found. Sometimes going to restaurants to have a meal.

So, he decided to cook some soup.

Once it was finished he put it in a bowl with a spoon and brought it upstairs to where Darcy was in bed, half asleep.

"Hey, I made soup." Vanitas said, placing it on the bedside table as Darcy groaned.
"I don't like soup.." She complained, rubbing her eyes.

Vanitas deadpanned.

She sat up, ans Vanitas sat down holding the soup.

"I'll make you eat it then." He said. "Since you're sick, you need to eat so you can regain energy, sleeping will not help." Vanitas said.

Darcy sighed, "Fine.." She said.

Vanitas was forced to feed her like a baby, since she wouldn't eat the soup herself despite her clearly actually liking it.
(Darcy doesn't like trying new things 😭 and if there's a little bit of one thing she doesn't like in her food she ain't gonna eat it. She's very picky 🙄)

After she finished, she layed back down. Vanitas brought the empty bowl and spoon down and put them in the sink.

He walked back upstairs and to where Darcy was laying down.

He sat down beside her, her back was faced towards him.

"What." She said, slightly frustrated.

"Nothing." He answered.

She sighed, rolling over and playing with his hand, something she used to always do with her father's hand.

"I don't like being sick.." She muttered, pouting.
"Nobody does. And since you're reluctant to go anywhere to get actual medicine to help with your cold we just have to rely on the cough medicine." He said, sighing and laying down.

Their hands intertwined as Darcy fell asleep.

Vanitas woke up to the sound of sobbing, he opened his eyes to see Darcy crying.

"Bad dream.." He both asked her and himself.

She nodded, still panting.

He snuggled her close, and she calmed down. Though she didn't fall asleep.

He sighed again, placing his chin on top of her head.

She listened to his heart beat, which finally lulled her to sleep.

When she woke up it was morning, Vanitas was still asleep so she snuck out of the bed.

She sighed, she was feeling better this morning. But that sick feeling was still there in her stomach and she hated it.

She sat down at the couch. Sighing again.

"I'm tired.." She muttered.

Vanitas had finally gotten up, he was behind her.

When she rested the back of her neck on the back of the sofa, that's when she saw him.

He freaked her out, she immediately screamed and jumped up.

When she looked back she had tears in her eyes.

"Sorry!" He said, climbing onto the couch and sitting beside her, hugging her.

"Meanie.." She muttered, pouting.

They both faced each other, Darcy gave him a quick kiss before pulling away.

Vanitas smirked.

"Don't get any ideas. I'm not in the mood at the moment." Darcy said. Clearly frustrated.

Vanitas chuckled.

Darcy sighed, closing her eyes.

Peace. At last.

Hihi! I may occasionally update this with oneshots and stuff, but other then that I'm going to be working on other things. Thank you for reading this book. Love you all!