Day 23- Detective AU (The Last Battle Part 3)

Recap:

"I want big smiles but I don't want yours, I find it annoying," He admitted and walk in the direction of the elevator.

Before the door closed the girl quipped, "It's an honor to be the source of your annoyance!"

When he was out of sight the girl then looked at her closing wound. "I don't really have to be worried about wounds but it still hurts," She said then looked at the boy by her feet. "Poor vice, he would faint again from the mess."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Disabling gadgets and alarms is an easy feat for Red Robin. A small holographic screen with the whole map of the Agreste mansion leads the superheroes to the study room of Gabriel Agreste. Everyone felt the cold and desolate of the place.

"There's supposed to be a lift to the underground," Red Robin said.

"Oracle, scan the place for hidden buttons," Nightwing ordered over his comms where Oracle is listening in the batcave in Gotham.

Nightwing then started to turn around looking at different spots as she scans everything "Found it...," She exclaimed.

"There on the painting," Oracle pointed out.

He then approached it, following the patterns that Oracle showed him pressing it, and the lift that is just under his feet moves downward. As the lift is going down he told everyone to wait as he scrutinized the place.

When the lift reach the ground the door opened, sensing no danger he then hopped off the lift. Since the upper part of the lift is open he told everyone to drop down one person at a time on the narrow lift. 

The team of superheroes then looks around the lair until all their eyes land on the high-tech casket.  When they're walking in the middle part of the bridge, the casket opened revealing a woman with blond hair. Her eyes closed, seemingly in deep sleep. 

Everyone knew who it was. As she is famous herself and her son is their friend. Chat Noir was shocked and bewildered why his mother is there. Ladybug looked at him in concern. In their state of shock, they didn't hear the lift goes up.

A few minutes ago...

Light, all he sees is light. 'this must be a dream he contemplated. Then, a figure approaches him. It was a blur at first but he was sure it was a woman's body in front of him.

"Gab, My love," he heard her say.

Now with a clear face and the very voice of his beloved. He closes the gap between them and hugged her. He then separated a bit from her and tried to speak but he can't. He tried and tried but to no avail, no voice came out.

He then mouthed, "I miss you."

"I miss you too," she replied and hugged him tighter than before.

They continued hugging while Gabriel's tears flowed down his face.

"My love, there's something you should do," Emily stated.

'I know, I'll do everything to make you wake up again,' he thought to himself.

Like she was reading his mind she then replied, "No Gabriel, that's not what I meant."

She then looked into his grayish-blue eyes and continued, "You have to stop. You have to let me go."

 'I can't stop now that I'm nearly there, I'm sure of it, I...I can feel it,' He said in his mind and held her in his chest.