The worst timing in the history of my world

Почніть із самого початку

"That's mine!" I complained, trying to snatch it back before she swallowed it whole.

"We were planning to go to the beach for New Years," Piper explained.

"Sounds good. Luke and I are in," Thalia declared, swiping two more truffles as she went back upstairs.

"When would we leave by?" Reyna inquired, already noting it down in her calendar

"I think it's a dayish to go down there so we'll leave by the 30th?" Piper piped in.

"Thats good. We can rent an Airbnb," Hazel nodded.

"Is your brother going to be joining us?" Frank asked.

She shook her head, "No I think he's spending the night at Will's place and celebrating with his family. My father's going to be off on a business meeting so it'd just be me anyway."

"Seems like we'd all have been alone anyway. Good thinking, Pipes," Jason smiled at her.

"The beach it is," I confirmed as everyone nodded their heads, "Anyways I gotta head out. See you soon!" I said, grabbing my bag and making Piper promise to text me the details later.

The last thing I caught before leaving the table was Reyna's remark on how we all seemed to be living in some high-school drama. Which I was inclined to agree with.

I booked a cab home and changed into a suit as the driver awkwardly looked away. I tipped him generously for his troubles.

I sprinted up the stairs when I arrived. I absolutely hated these meetings.
But I also hated the lectures Dad gives if I miss even a single one. It's a loose loose situation either way.

At least Rachel's companionship was fun. However, she paid attention most of the time so it was me all alone, staring at the walls and wondering how I ended up there.

I passed by my stepmother as I made my way to dads office.

Without bothering to knock, I pushed the large door open. The whole room, filled with almost a dozen lawyers, Apollo, my father and Rachel turned towards me.

Dad gave me a disapproving shake of the head, which lifted my spirits as I took my seat next to Rachel.

"Bad news headed your way," she whispered as she scribbled something down on her notepad.

"As we were discussing, Perseus," dad began.

He used my given name. Im probably super late.

"The date for your wedding with Rachel is set. July 12th, next year. It's boy going to be a grand affair, just a simple ceremony here at home. We'll have a huge celebration for the media and public a while later," Dad explained.

"July 12th?" I asked, trying to digest the date. That was...that was Annabeth's birthday. The fates were definitely playing a horrible prank on me.

"Yes, it's fixed," Apollo grinned, flashing his white teeth, "Can't change it. Feel free to call me dad in law."

There it was again.

That sinking feeling, the world dissolving from under me. The room tilted a bit.

A cage.