I'm in trouble

"WHOOP FU*KING WHOOP," Leo cheered, settling down on Piper's couch with a bowl of popcorn

To celebrate Annabeth's enrollment in Goode, we were having a slumber party at Piper's place. A week and a half  later technically. (We were all busy last weekend)

Annabeth and I have been getting along well. Better than well, really. We were practically back to normal.

Her weary looks in my direction am almost completely stopped. And she began telling me things again. Even though she didn't tell me how she got those burn marks yet....I hope that one day she'll be comfortable enough to tell me.

I decided to go to the kitchen and help her. She was busy making us dinner because Piper burnt the meal we ordered as she tried to re-heat it. (Long story,don't ask)

I saw Hazel there, sitting on the counter and having a chat with Annabeth. When she saw me, she gave me a smile.

"Hey Haze," I smiled back, "Frank's looking for you." I lied. I mean I didn't technically lie. He's looking for her in his heart. I'm sure of it.

With a huff, nod and gentle smile she went off to find the big lad.

"Oh is he now?" Annabeth asked with a smirk. She stood near the stove, her hand on the handle.

I walked up to her, sitting down on the counter next to her where Hazel was.

"And how's the most beautiful person in the world doing?" I asked her with a wink. My might've cheeks burnt a little. Being near her had that effect on me.

She flushed slightly, not meeting my eyes, she turned back to the pasta and swirled it.

"I don't know Percy, how are you?" she winked.

Okay my cheeks definitely burnt as she looked at me with that look on her face. That look where she looked so proud of herself.
Her gray eyes were trained on me, amused.

I took a deep breath. She was beautiful. Inside and out.

"Do you want to try some?" she asked, her voice so quiet it felt like a whisper.

I scooted closer to the flame. Closer to her. And nodded.

She scooped some of the pasta up with an idle spoon and came closer. She blew on it lightly, trying to cool it down.

She looked at me, with a smile that made my hear melt. And she raised the spoon to me as I took a bite.

"It's delicious," I said between chewing.

She made a face, laughing. She threw the spoon in the sink and jumped onto the counter next to me. Her shoulder pressed up against mine.

"You're not lying are you?" she asked, looking at me carefully.

I shook my head, aghast, "Me? A liar?! Come on Annabeth!" I protested.