Pt 1: Oh no

Dad was pissed

Dad was pissed.
Like more pissed off than the time I painted his brand new half a million dollar white couch blue as a toddler.

Apparently he didn't like the fact that I stole his credit card to pay for the trip.

Nor the fact that I replied with telling him that I didn't like the fact that he sold my hand In marriage for his company.

Trust me, the argument that followed after the trip was not pretty.

So with tempers still flaring, we ignored each other until a car pulled up in a driveway and Rachel's red head popped up.

I waved.

At a certain hopeless point, I'd been okay with my fate. I liked Rachel and I was sure that If we did get married, we could make it work.

Until a special blonde walked back into my life turned everything around. And, I couldn't imagine loving anyone the way I did her. She was perfect.

Not being able to tell Annabeth about the engagement has been hell. I just...didn't want to believe it was real at the time. So I ignored it. And when I wanted to, I know I'm making excuses here, it wasn't the right time.
And I just....felt so helpless against it.

Because If I did tell her about it, and Rachel and I can't get out of the agreement.....I can't even think about that. I was terrified of giving myself fake hope. Or worse, playing with Annabeth's feelings like that. She deserves so much better.

Last night, I decided I was going to tell her today, right after this meeting. I want to be with the one I love.I'll apologise and try my best to make it right and do right by her. She deserves nothing less.

And If by some miracle she forgives me, I hope she'll also say yes to being my date to Thalia and Luke's wedding. And If she doesn't, I'll spend the rest of my life trying to make it right.

I grateful Rachel understood. And played along until we could come up with a way to break the contract.

"Percy!" she gave me a little hug for the benefit of our father's, snickering softly as she pulled back. I adjusted my suit, smoothing it out. It was so dam uncomfortable. But for meetings like this, where a horde of lawyers came too, dad insisted I wear a suit.

Rachel and I didn't like Apollo or dad's stubby little lawyers. They were annoying. Always asking us a billion useless questions like 'How many kids are you planning on having?" And not to mention extremely sexist. They didn't bother listening to most of Rachel's answers so we resorted to secretly flipping them off when they weren't looking.

Apollo caught us one time but just chocked on his Diet Coke, and didn't call us out. ThankGods.

"Rachel!" I gasped, fake swooning. Dad rolled his eyes, steam still steaming from his ear.