My lovable fool

The feeling of the wind in my hair was something I couldn't get used to, but I certainly loved.

After almost a month of travelling across the continent, Percy and I fell into a natural routine. He'd rented out a minivan for us, which we'd been practically living out of.

Percy's father sent men out to look for him. We knew this because we were confronted by two of them. However, we managed to shake them off. And lie low.

I'd never had this much freedom in my life, nor did Percy. It was just....something which made us giddy.

We had just a few more weeks to go until the wedding date blew over, and then we'd be free.

Currently, we didn't stay anywhere for more than five days. We'd get a motel room, stay there for a while, maybe go sightseeing and then get back on the road.

Percy told me that he'd  been keeping in touch with his stepmother and Paul. And that they knew where we were at 'almost' all times and he promised that they wouldn't snitch.

Great Aunt Aphrodite was also in the loop, because I felt terrible leaving her after everything she'd done for me and Piper had told me she was besides herself.
However, she was more than understanding after I told her that I loved Percy.

"Anything for love", were her words.

I've also been forcing Percy to study, since we had all this free time. Chiron's been tutoring us both online and not to jinx it...Percy's gotten really good.

We'd be back in high school for our finals and I intended to ace them.

"Good morning," I whispered as I felt Percy stir from next to me. We'd fallen alseep in the car the night before, listening to Taylor Swift.

"Mermaiding," Percy mumbled, snuggling closer to me.

I moved closer to him as well, allowing him to hold me in his arms.

We watched the sun in the sky for a while, a romantic silence enveloping us like a safety blanket

"I love you," I told him, holding his hand in mine, "so so much"

"I love you too, wise girl," he mumbled, planting a kiss on my shoulder.

"It's your birthday's soon," Percy smiled as he brushed the hair away from my face, "we got a lot of driving to do before we get to Miami to celebrate"

"It's only a 6 hour drive. We've seen worse," I smiled, "Now come on, let's get dressed. I made us a reservation at a motel down the street"

"Oh no-"

"Anddddd," I chuckled, trying to catch his gaze," We have a class with Chiron in two hours, so be prepared"

"Nooo," Percy groaned, "More studying"

"Like I said before, no studying equals no kisses" I laughed, pushing him into a sitting position, "Now get off me, I gotta drive"

"Then I'm taking a nap," Percy said, flipping back down dramatically

"Whatever you say," I smiled, rolling my eyes at my fool. Gods I loved him.

—————————————————————————

Hello people! (If you're still reading this)
Random post I know
Just wanted to say that I'm surprisingly alive right now-

And that this is story is gonna come to an end soon *sobs dramatically* and yeah that's it....

Stay tuned!!
—-S