I was glad to have my bestfriend back

(Monday afternoonish)

Before I could say anything else, Percy played a song on my phone.

"What are you-"

He bowed dramatically and offered his hand to me. I laughed. I curtseyed in my invisible gown and let him lead me into a dance.

He gently placed his arm around my waist and I placed mine on his shoulder. I smiled uncontrollably as he twirled me around the kitchen. We bumped into many things in the small space. However,bothof us had huge grins on our faces. My skin burnt where he touch it, which didn't make much sense at all.

"Dam Annabeth, you've got moves" Percy smirked.

"Why are we doing this again?" I laughed, dipping to the music.

"No clue" he admitted as he spun me around. It was at that moment that I realised how close we actually were. There wasn't much space between our faces. A light blush took over my face at the thought.
Curse you, Blush!!

We bowed silently to each other, laugher escaping from both of us.

"Come on" I grinned, tossing him a spoon. "Time to make cookies"

We spent almost an hour making a fresh batch of cookies, with me stepping out to tend to an occasional customer and returning to find Percy somehow covered in batter.

A devious smile took over his face and before I realised what was happening, he hugged me tightly, transferring some of the batter onto my clothes.

"Percyyyyy" I groaned. He only laughed. I couldn't help but smile. He had a very good laugh.

"Come on idiot, let's finish this". I handed him an apron so he doesn't go home covered in batter.

He reached for it with his battered hands and I swatted them away. "No point in an apron if it's a mess before you put it on"

I stepped forward and placed it over his head, standing on my tippy-toes. I could smell his oceany scent. Heat radiated off his body and I glanced up to notice him watching me, a lopsided smile gracing his lip.

That's when I noticed it. I let out an audible gasp.

"Wait....you still have this ?" I whispered, tracing the bead necklace we made when we were kids.

He chuckled, "of course I do"

I took mine out as well. Percy's grin became wider.

"I thought that by now you would have forgotten about me or lost it or-"

"I could never forget you Wise girl" he smiled, his face flushed. "And it's the first thing I haven't lost in a long time"

"That's so...." I felt my eyes burn with happy tears. I gave him a kiss on his cheek. We both blushed bright red.

"Sweet" I finished, smacking my lips

"Sweet" I finished, smacking my lips. The batter that laced it tasted delicious. I set my eyes back on the bowl and mixed some of the batter. Percy had insisted that it be blue.

"Uh....er....ummm....yeah well I mean" he scratched the back of his neck, not looking at me. He bit his lip.

"Are you going to help me or not?" I laughed.

"Always" he grinned.

I smiled. I was glad to have my best friend back.

———-

Short chapter!
I know I know

But Annie kissed Percy on the cheek!
That should mean all is forgiven !!

Stay tuned !!
——S
And do Vote and Comment! It really helps!