Rescind: 24

Kulan's body shook violently under the scratchy blanket, a fever wreaked havoc on his body. Pools of sweat drowned Kulan in the bed and his muscles ached. Fresh white scars flecked his rust colored arms, each movement brought a new pain. His mind barely comprehended what happened and Kulan didn't want to remember.

A searing headache shot through Kulan's forehead as the door slid open. A woman's voice commanded, "Sit up, Kulan. You're going want to eat."

Kulan's eyes landed on Vass, her eyes looked distant. "When do I get to see Dakaan- my family?"

"Soon enough. For now you need to rest and get up your strength," advised Vass as she gave Kulan a heaping of porridge and various fruits.

Hastily, Kulan sat up and slurped down the food. It burned his throat, but he didn't care. When Kulan finished Vass placed her hand against his forehead. Vass reached into her pocket and handed Kulan a bottle of water and a few red pills.

"These should help get rid of your fever. When you're feeling better I'll send someone to get you," Vass said and took the dishes.

Once again Kulan was left alone in the cell and his body felt heavy. Kulan collapsed on the stiff bed and closed his eyelids. He didn't even bother to think about Tels or Pascal or The Tempest. All he cared about was seeing Dakaan again, his little brother that he would do anything for.

Kulan fell in and out of sleep. The memories of him holding Tels and Pascal at blaster point always jolted him awake and somehow sleep always found him again. It felt like an eternity when Kulan could stand without feeling that his body would fall apart. Slowly, Kulan was able to pace around the room when he found a box at the end of his bed. It was neatly tucked beside the bed with dust coating it. He ripped off the lid, inside Kulan found his old military uniform, his Lieutenant badges reflected in his eyes.

Kulan stripped off the cream shirt, discarding it without a second thought, and pulled on his uniform. The gray fabric felt a little loose around his torso, but it didn't look too big. When Kulan was presentable he heard a knock on the door.

A familiar voice asked, "Can I come in?"

"Yes, you can," Kulan responded, his voice taking him off guard. He sounded more of a commanding officer than a student.

Alta was on the other side, her eyes glazed over Kulan's arms with her eyes softening. Kulan adjusted his sleeves and followed Alta to a long corridor. Kulan and Alta walked through short halls past closed doors to a landing pad. Outside the opening stars blared by, Kulan's eyes widened in wonder.

"This is what we're stuck with. A child?" a harsh voice chided.

"Lieutenant Kulan Jal is more than capable of helping us, Commander Sheb'ika." defended Vass, her opinion surprising everyone.

Bankole's stormtroopers lined the furthest wall with the black figures by their side. All their helmets were removed, showing who they really were. Kulan's eyes darted across Vass, Raeth, Yarla, and Krekor while Alta stopped in front of the clone, his tattoo appearing darker than before.

Sheb'ika raised his rifle and took a shot at Kulan. With ease Kulan was able to dodge the blast as he landed a hit on Sheb'ika. The clone's eyes stared into Kulan's soul, sending chills down his spine and Kulan didn't break.

Sheb'ika tilted his head back and spat out, "This will have to do, for now. This is your new squad, Lieutenant. I am in charge with Vass as second in command. This is Clinker, Dottie, and Spike." Sheb'ika pointed out and dismissed them.

"Dottie?" Kulan questioned as he looked at the man with blonde hair.

"Don't ask me. Alta is the genius who came up with this. I can't believe the Commander went along with it," retorted Dottie.