Chapter 64

Sooyoung P.O.V

I had to visit the Lee mansion today since the wedding planner would be meeting with us. I had the decision in my hands whether he/she would be suitable for the job or not. I packed my work, picked up unnie from the hospital and started our (short)journey to their mansion.

"Marriage used to seem easy for me earlier. Now it seems as if it really is something to knock you down to your feet because of nervousness." said unnie, after a while of talking.

"You feel so?"

"Yeah. I used to be excited when I heard about someone else's wedding and thought about how lucky they were. Now that I'm in that stage, I feel ecstatic yet nervous. The feeling is weird."

"Mhm. But think about it. The one who invented marriage was creepy as heck. Like, I love you so much that I'm gonna get the government involved so you can't leave." I completed, resulting in a burst of laughter from both of us. We talked for a while when we arrived the Mansion. We were greeted by the keepers, bodyguards and we soon were inside, the mansion. 

"Good morning Taeyeon, Morning Sooyoung." greeted Baekhyun. Soon, came Mr. and Mrs. Lee and everyone exchanged greetings. 

"So, are you ready Sooyoung?" asked Mrs. Lee, excitement evident in her voice. I nodded my head, embracing myself for the tiredness I was gonna feel after the day. Soon, came in the planners and I saw the designs of each one of them. 

"Good morning ma'am and sir. My name------"

"Good morning sir" was the only voice heard, made by everyone in the hallways and outside the mansion. The footsteps were heard, indicating supreme authority. Everyone started bowing form inside the halls and the Lee family rose up. It was Taeyong. He soon came in our sight and was welcomed by his family, except me, who was on a call with someone in the corner. 

"Do it before dawn. No evidences." I said and cut the call and turned back, to see several eyes on me. I smiled awkwardly and my eyes landed on him. Taeyong. He raised a brow and passed a small smile, while I mirrored the actions. We soon looked back to see the planner shivering. We were all confused except a certain someone, who was smirking by himself.

"Why Taeyong? Why is he shivering while looking at you?" asked Mrs. Lee.

"Well, I gave a warning to someone that if I see their face in front of me ever again, I'll shoot their body with all the bullets I have in my gun." he replied, now nearing the man, who now pissed in his pants. Taeyong bent to his level with a rough eye contact.

"Didn't I?" he said and the man was on his knees, begging for his life. But THE Lee Taeyong knew no mercy and his body was soon filtered with 6 bullets. But what was strange was that nobody showed a reaction. I didn't too, but my mind was ogling with thoughts. Do they trust him so much to let him kill a person without questioning him? Or is that fear of authority? My eyes went towards his face, which was stone cold. There was something behind that face which screamed satisfaction. 

"Why did you kill him?" I asked. Everybody looked at me with wide eyes, a feared expression on their face. Even Mr. and Mrs. Lee looked surprised. 

"Not all demons live in hell." he answered and I quiet down. I knew what he was referring to.

Flashback

"Why did you torture her so brutally?" he asked.

"Not all demons live in hell. A woman like her, who murdered her husband and her daughter without giving it another thought, deserves that. It's her Karma." 

[Back to present]

I cleared my throat and examined the man who died. There was something weird. He started shivering as soon as Taeyong entered. I sighed, shaking my head.

"Let's do this tomorrow. Unnie, you can stay here if you want, I'll pick you up later." I said and she nodded. I was about to step out until Taeyong called me. 

"What's wrong?" I asked and he looked at me.

"Listen carefully." I nodded, staring at his face, waiting for what he was gonna say.

"You may not believe me, but there's a mole in your group." he said and I widened my eyes.

"There is no way that the girls are----"

"No, not them. I'm talking about the extended group. Find out, and be secretive in what you do." he said and left, leaving me deep in thoughts. 

X P.O.V

I entered the room to see Jihnwan sitting in front of me, all tied up in the prison. 

"You all did a good work. Now leave it up to me." I said and they all nodded. I went near him and shook him to wake him up. He woke up from his slumber and I passed him a sly smile. 

"My dear Jihnwan, you have proven to be a disgrace. You may now..... die." I said and slit his throat, blood splattering on my clothes, but that wasn't my concern. My work was done, of killing Jihnwan. 

Now who was gonna tell those fools that the one they trust as much, was the Mint killer?