Chapter 31

Minnie P.O.V

I saw her eyes widen and internally smiled. Too much news in a day, isn't it?

"U-uh how?"

"I'm Taeyong's adopted cousin and a member's girlfriend." I said and shrugged.

"Who's?" she inquired. I went towards her to stand eye to eye.

"Well, that's for me to know and you to find out." I said and walked away, back to the meeting room. 

Sooyoung P.O.V

I saw her disappear and acknowledged I haven't moved from my spot. Before trusting them totally, I have to know about their family and know about their positions in the group. Even thinking about it gave me chills. I sighed and went away from the place to my office. 

I reached there in half an hour from the taxi. I climbed down and went to my office. As soon as I reached I saw all the girls huddled, close to each other, looking distressed. 

"Who stole your candies?"

"The murderer." I frowned and went towards them.

"See, we got the CCTV film of an elderly person's home, precisely where the incident occurred. The movements of the aggressor and the killer are not practically the same, however it seems as though it had to be comparative. They stand comparable, however the killer is driving the development. I called the criminal psychology branch as well, they appear to have similar contemplations." said Jihun and I gestured. 

"Now the real news." said Sohee and I scowled again. 

"What is it now?"

"The killer appears to have a mole on his neck, a little one, and his left leg is more limited, 1cm, from the right leg. While the aggressor's tattoo is the main thing we could discover." That's a ton of data.

"That's great. While being with DAY6, examine each one of them. Don't act suspicious at all." I said and went away from there, going towards the forensic center. I was on my way when unnie called me.

"Yes unnie?"

"Where are you?"

"I'm working. Why?" 

"I called you to make sure you're safe. I heard rumors' that the SKNS killed a police officer, where you're working."

"Really?"

"Hmm"

"I'll call you later." I cut the call since I reached there. 

"Doctor, is it done?" she nodded and gestured me to come close to her.

"The outcomes will require a couple of days since it was extremely challenging looking at. Yet, I looked into something on the rear of her neck. There's a tattoo of a major and red 'J', as though it was made by penetrating her skin and the tattoo was made of her own blood." I gestured as I took the data in.

"Anything else?"

"Yup, while examining her body, we found out a candy in her throat, deep down. It was a mint candy." 

"Alright, that's gonna be easy for us. Thank you doctor. Do call me when you get the results." I said and went away from there.  I arrived at the office in a few minutes and went towards the girls.

"We only work a few days in a month in the office. Tomorrow, we'll go to the headquarters, as we decided. And I found an important clue for Jiha's case. The killer left a mint candy deep in her throat. Find out the shops from where you get those candies." I took out my phone and showed them the photo of the candy I took at the center. 

"I'll do it" said Sohee and got to work. Jihun started examining the footage again while Yeeun was with me. 

"What do you think? Who might be the killer?" asked Yeeun. I was about to answer when I saw someone coming in.  It was the head of the police department, to whom we all trust and know well.

"Jihnwan! How come you're here?" 

"Oh Sooyoung! Mr. Yang called me, that's all. I decided to come and look after you. I'll leave in a few, though." I nodded and got back to work. I secretly signaled the girls to not talk about anything and act naturally. He was quite an observer and he would notice us being suspicious. And it didn't help much when he used to train with us. He was given a chance to join SKNS too, but he refused and agreed on working as a helping agent. 

"Anyways, what are you all investigating for?" 

"There's a murder case that happened a few days back. Why?" 

"No nothing, anyways, have you all eaten?" 

"Yes, but I guess we really would love to get a small snack or chocolate." said Sohee. I heard him chuckle and he started searching for his pocket. He took out a candy and a chocolate, what I suppose since my eyes were on the file in my hands. I looked up to see what she was eating when I saw her peel off the wrapper and look at the candy.

It was the same mint candy that I found at the forensic center.