Chapter 28: Five Centuries Ago...

There was a feeling of lose weight. An empty space yet filled with nothing.

The companion he has is himself.

He open his eyes.

The infinite amount of stars above him was beyond imagination. He slowly reach out as if his hand could touch it.

Closing his fist, empty handed, but firm yet uncertain.

"Where...." Neo Anderson muttered.

The scene moved in the opposite direction, as if it was trying to get away from him. With a headache, he felt himself collided with the sandy plain.

A grunt of pain, disarray he was. The dust of the sandy land entering his lung and eyes, making him more uncomfortable than his rough landing.

Not caring the external particles entering his body, Neo force his body to stand up. Grunting with pain and sore leg, he managed to do so.

Observing the place he just fall onto, he saw but a remnant of some kind of past civilization. Many rocks float as if gravity doesn't applied to them even though he felt nothing of sort.

What truly catches his attention is the giant glowing tree-like structure not far away from where he's standing.

It felt surreal, like it came from a fantasy book or a children story

It felt surreal, like it came from a fantasy book or a children story. Whether is a good thing or not, he push onward.

Neo had no purpose whatsoever so he does what is best, just like moth to a lightbulb.

So far nothing out of the ordinary. The starry skies above, floating rocks, destroyed structure....

And nothing but the silence of solitude.

The light grows bigger as Neo getting closer to the giant tree. A mysterious feeling, telling him to touch it. He didn't know whether his instinct's the one who's speaking inside his head or it was his subconscious.

Nonetheless he reach out....

.... Yet it failed.

Below the sand he's standing appeared a hand, grabbing his arm in attempt to prevent him to ever touch the tree.

In response of panic, Neo kicked it and it disintegrated, becoming to its previous state. His heart racing light a F1 engine. Calming his self down, he try another attempt, only to be greeted with the same scenario--

But worse.

This time around there was no single arm, but multiple. It grab his arm once again, and also grabbing his two legs before throwing him as far away from the tree.

Rolling down in the thick deep sand, he effortlessly back flip and gain momentum. With no hesitation, pulling out his Contraption, the Blast Shot.

"Come on!"