87 | the olympic village

Start from the beginning

Saito, who heard her, answered. "Inko-san told us about it. Apparently, the Olympics put more money into this than the previous years because of some new wealthy sponsors. So, our accommodation is a bit more luxurious than the previous years."

Utsui's ears perked up at the mention of new sponsors, but she kept silent, focusing her attention on the girl latched onto her.

"What about the tatami mats that Captain bought?" Tomiko pointed at everything that their captain bought for them that was being lugged by the Japan teams' staff behind them.

"Oh, those will still be used." Kasai said as she took out the key for the house, approaching the door.

Saito glanced back at Tomiko, "The accommodation itself is luxurious, but our beds are still made out of cardboard. It's the rule."

The team sweatdropped. Ah, the cardboard beds.

Apparently, the association implemented the rule to prevent any Rated-R activities from going on during the Olympics week. Not like they had anything to worry about though— men weren't usually housed with women. Only on certain occassions.

Kasai frowned as she opened the already-unlocked door of the house. She stared at the door, "Hold on, why is it unlocked?"

Suddenly, her question was answered when an overly-cheery voice entered her eardrums.

"Oh, you're finally here!" Blonde entered their visions.

Of all the certain occassions to share an olympic house.. why this one?!

"Fucking hell." Ichigo couldn't help but cuss when she saw her coach's son grinning near the doorway.

"No cussing in the house, nanodayo!"

Tomiko's eyes widened. Oh, dear Lord, not her cousin!

"Is Seinaru here yet? I need to confirm her 36Ds."

Takemichi groaned out loud when she heard the male's voice. "I hate my life."

"Where's Yma-chin~?"

Back in his home, a gamer sneezed. He looked at his PS5 with a scowl. "I feel like someone just violated the barrier I have put between Yma-chan and everyone just now."

A flash of dark pink entered their periphery, and there stood the captain of the men's youth team, already clad in their official uniform for the ceremony later. He looked at the obviously frustrated women's team with a kind smile.

"Welcome, we've been expecting you."

He looked at Seinaru who refused to be put down by Utsui with curious eyes. "Is everything alright?"

Utsui held up a thumb with a dead look on her face. "Just dandy."

"Please, come in." He welcomed them, keeping his eyes trained on Seinaru who was hanging off her best friend.

The girls entered, with the staff bringing their things inside right behind them.

Chiyo screwed her eyes shut. "Why, world? Why?"

"What do you have against these guys?" Inosuke asked her.

"Oh right, I didn't tell you yet.." The girl trailed off. "The assistant coach is actually my former crush in middle school— and.. it didn't really work out."

She was flat-out rejected because apparently, Riko had eyes for her best friend who was someone on their grade as well, Junpei Hyuuga.

Tomiko, who heard what she said, cracked up laughing. "So that's why you couldn't look at her during the scrimmage!"