97 | the grand gesture + edited

a/n: get your tissues and put the one that got away on repeat. thanks.

NINETY-SEVEN. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOU WAKE UP THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT, AND REALIZE THAT YOU LOVE SOMEONE?

He felt himself come to consciousness with a sharp, pulsing pain in the left side of his head. He tries to move, but every single one of his muscles seems paralyzed, too heavy to move.

Memories started flooding in. The past three years came rushing to his brain like a hurricane. It was so abrupt that he felt like someone just gave him a sucker punch to the gut.

"He's awake!" He hears her gasps of happiness in his ears, like she was there beside him at that moment. "Quick, call the nurses, tell them he woke up!"

His eyes were wide as he looked at the memory that appeared before him.

No..

He didn't want to bear witness to it. Not again.

He wanted to call out to himself, tell him not to do what he was about to do.

Because it would ruin the only beautiful thing in his life.

His normal.

Their normal.

But there it was. The vulnerable smile on her face as she engulfed him in a hug, tears of joy spilling from her eyes and cascading down her cheeks.

"You're awake.."

The sight haunted him. Because he knows what was about to happen next. This was a story he wished he would have never read. A story in which he loathed the writer with every cell he had in his body for even typing in a single letter that led to their normal..

He blinked, before pushing the girl off him. "I hate you."

To be torn apart.

His chest burned hotter than lava, making him let out an audible cry of pain as he vividly recalled the way Ymari yelped, she was about to fall back-first onto the floor, before Sakurai caught her on time.

Sakurai. Even his friendship with him, Imayoshi, Wakamatsu, Utsui, and.. Kenji were on murky waters– completely distorted, gone.

Yuuji felt his heart tear out of his own chest in anguish at the memory that played itself on repeat in his brain.

His mother tried to stop him that day. She tried to prevent him from ruining it even more.

However, with his amnesia and stupidity, he continued to tear apart something so beautiful. The only thing that mattered in his life, ruined.