81 | the scrimmage

EIGHTY-ONE. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

ymari seinaru looked at the board that inko was showing the team.

turns out, they were treating this scrimmage as they would an official game. however, the captain had something else in her mind.

"inko-san, i'm not playing as a starter before the semis, you know that, right?" she asked, making her coach and the rest of the team look at her in surprise.

"every player should be utilized for each pre-semi game." she offered. "so please, remove me from the starting lineup of the first game of this scrimmage and sub me in only when necessary. i'll play i'd like to see how our players go against the other team."

inko nodded in understanding. "you have a point. this way, we can see what areas need improving for the other players."

"exactly." seinaru nodded. she held out her hands. "may i please borrow the board?"

inko handed her the board and the marker and she started to rearrange the magnets.

"hanuka, ichigo, takemichi, ryuguji, and inosuke are starters." she declared, placing magnets in certain positions. "hanuka, power, ichigo, under the net, takemichi point guard, ryuguji shooting guard, and inosuke small forward."

"now i know for a fact that the starters will be the five already- they won't start off slow. however, they're just men." she drew arrows in between magnets, indicating the movements each player has to follow.

she was given the notes of the playing position of each player from the other team, so she knew what plays to make, and where she should place her team's player movements.

"ichigo, you won't be guarding atsu-chin. get the rebounds, but be careful when it comes to him." she drew an arrow where ichigo's central movement would be. "this goes for all of you. when the player is taller than you, don't guard- evade."

"got it, captain." ichigo nodded.

"takemichi, you can't do anything about akashi." she revealed, noting that the point guard of the other team was skilled when it comes to ball handling.

"however, you can direct the ball to any of the four on our team upon possession. do everything you can to get the ball to ryuguji immediately once she's within the three point line- she can shoot anywhere from there."

"hai, senpai!" takemichi nodded.

"ryuguji, be mindful of shin-chin." she looked at the opposite side of the court where the green haired shooting guard was shooting drills. it surprised her slightly that someone else was able to foster similar skills to the ones she had. "it seems he can also do cross-court shots so make sure you don't let the ball get to him. be quick on your feet and steal."

"you can count on me, captain." ryuguji bowed lightly.

"hanuka, you're up against aomine." she saw in the notes she was given earlier that the dark blue haired power forward was skilled in ball handling and offered immense force during games. "he's taller, so evade, but don't cower. steal the ball from him if you can, otherwise, support ichigo."

"yes, cap." hanuka nodded.

"inosuke, kise's skill is copy." she pointed at the opposite side of the court where kise was running drills exactly copying kagami's movements. "whatever you can do, he can do too. so be mindful of him. just support the rest, and you'll be fine."