95 | white and red

NINETY-FIVE. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━

THE SOFT MURMUR of the wind tickled the leaves as they were swept along its current. The sun was barely out, given that it was only about quarter to five in the morning. The backyard of the Olympic house was quite peaceful.

Amur Hanuka was fidgeting with her phone, speaking quietly through the microphone, as though a single word spoken with a normal volume would disrupt the slumber her teammates and the boys were having.

"I'm doing well here, Mom." She murmured, twirling a stray pink hair in her finger, a habit she had when she was anxious.

Her mother, Kyouka Hanuka's sigh of relief could be heard from the other end of the phone call. "That's good to hear. You haven't been updating us much so your dad and I got a bit worried."

"Don't worry about me, mom." She hummed, smiling at the thought of her father making a fuss out of her not calling them, which was probably the reason why her mom decided to ring her phone this early.

"I can't help but worry, though.." Her mother sighed. "I saw your Starstagram story— you're housed with both male and female teams?"

Hanuka tensed, wondering how on earth her mother must've seen it— and then remembering that she wasn't able to click the "Hide story from: @hanukakyouka and @hanukadenki" before posting that story of her wacky selfie with Kuroko, Kagami, and Kise last night when they got back.

"Hmm, I see." Her mom hummed. "Be careful, okay?"

There it is.

She assumed her mom was saying that because of the males being present within the same house.

She isn't out of the closet yet.

Amur Hanuka, secretary of the student council, top 1 in her class, member of the mathletes, power forward of the Niiyama basketball team, and member of the Nippon team.

Amur Hanuka, adopted daughter of Kyouka Hanuka and Denki Hanuka of the Hanuka corporation, the leading oil supplier of Miyagi.

Amur Hanuka, straight.

Amur Hanuka, supposedly straight.

Amur hanuka, in the closet— she can't come out.

She won't come out to her parents.

"I owe them at least that." She mutters to herself each time she gets the urge to confess her true identity. "I owe them my life."