83 | delirious encounters

a/n: play 'i wanna be yours' by arctic monkeys for the latter part of this chapter.
-

EIGHTY-THREE. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

three quarters have passed, and the score was already 181 - 167.

both teams were on break before the beginning of the next and final quarter of the game.

utsui was being briefed by her best friend and captain. she was nodding along to her instructions.

"you go ahead now." seinaru sent utsui onto the other side of the court's bleachers with a message.

-

"atsumu, correct?" utsui approached the hooded boy in the middle who had a blonde tuft of hair peaking out.

he blinked up at the girl who was standing in front of him, before pulling his hood down. "oh, hey utsui."

"nice seeing you again." the brunette greeted him. she looked at the ones on either side of him.

"that's your twin." she pointed at osamu who's gray hair was peaking out his hood.

"and that's rintarō suna." she pointed at the boy who pulled down his hood.

"glad to see you hyogo boys." she nodded, then looked back at atsumu. "i come here with a message from your girlfriend."

utsui noticed the way suna's lips tightened into a scowl when she mentioned that title. atsumu's girlfriend.

"she told me you guys must be tired from travelling, so she'll be leaving early to escort you to your temporary quarters." she told them.

osamu raised his hand. "can we order food? we'll pay."

utsui waved him off, "don't worry, our staff started our catering this morning. the food's free."

she pulled out her phone. "let me just text niccolo and... send!"

she looked at osamu, "i told our head chef to give you guys food at any time you need some- and he said it's fine by him."

if possible, the gray-haired twin sparkled. "aaaah~ thank ya', utsui-san!"

"just utsui." the girl laughed. "i'll also call a cab for you guys if you don't have a ride yet."

this time it was suna who raised a hand, "i actually rented a car for the time-being, service isn't an issue."

utsui noticed a note of something quite familiar in his golden hazel fox-like eyes. she easily recognized the look in his eyes- how peculiar.

her eyes darted from atsumu to suna.

'oh, ymari..'

"you'll leave once she subs out- just meet her by the door. you guys got that?"