55 | live scandal

a/n: this is gonna be a bit long. like 6k words long. enjoy.

-

FIFTY-FIVE. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

somewhere in between the fifth set, seinaru felt something vibrate near her lap.

she looked at her trousers and noted that it was her phone in her pocket, notifying that's someone was calling her. excusing herself from the bench, she got up and opened the phone, sliding the answer button on the call without looking at the caller id.

"moshi moshi?" she mumbled out after slipping into the hallways where no one was loitering around.

"can you come to the bathrooms?" the familiar voice of her brunette friend asked through the phone.

"utsui." she blinked once she recognized the voice. "why?"

"i'm waiting for you here." the girl on the opposite end of the call said. "inko-san just texted me that the team should be complete during the awarding ceremonies. to top it off, you're the one awarding the individual awards."

"oh." she trailed off, looking at her shoes. "i don't have anything else to wear here. do you perhaps have extra clothes with you?"

"yup." utsui answered. "it's the official olympics type two tracksuit. just got delivered today."

seinaru clicked her tongue. "alright then. i'll see you in a bit."

she went back to the bench and approached the two managers who were looking over at the suspenseful game.

"i have to go somewhere. it's very urgent." she took her duffle bag from the bench. "i'll come back and fetch ko-chin later. can you tell him that?"

the two looked worried at what she just said. bokuto was extremely sensitive. suddenly having his girlfriend disappear could be detrimental and make the team lose within a split-second of his swings.

yukie was about to voice out her worries. "but my godde—"

"alright. we'll tell bokuto." kaori cut the other manager off— besides, they should trust their ace a bit more.

ymari nodded, bid them goodbye, then walked off.

"you do realize bokuto can get an incredible moodswing once he realizes she left, right"? yukie frowned.

kaori sighed, "yeah but heather-san said it was urgent. we can't just stop her. what if it was some type of emergency?"

yukie nodded in understanding as they looked over to where their ace was at, giving his absolute 100% to the match that they would..