"I can't sleep" she whined. I groaned and got out of bed and left the room, walking to Leo's room.

I went in and went straight to his bathroom to get some melatonin gummies but couldn't find any.

"What do you want?" Leo asked before I left.

"Do you have anything to get Jas to sleep?"

"She's not sleeping? Again? Make her some green tea. Or just read a book to her. She doesn't like people reading to her" he suggested, not moving his arm from his eyes.

"Don't leave me alone in the dark " I heard Jas before my knees buckled from her kicking the back of my knee. I chuckled softly and grabbed onto the doorframe.

"Mi amor, why aren't you sleeping?"

"Why aren't you?" She walked around his room.

"I was until your little husband woke me up"

"He woke me up too" she lied. He lifted his arm a little bit and glared at me.

"No I didn't. Jas. Get the fuck back to bed right now"

"Don't scold me like that or I'm going to cry" she walked past me and out of the room. She came back straight away and went to Leo and placed a kiss on his lips, making him smirk, and left the room again.

I sighed and followed her out, closing Leo's door behind me. She was under the covers, reaching for her phone. "Put it down" I ordered. She sighed and put it back.

I pulled the covers back and laid on top of her, making her chuckle as she pulled the covers back over us.

"You're crushing me"

"Good. That means you can't escape" I closed my eyes but grabbed her hand and guided it to my hair as she started playing with it.

I love it when she does that. Makes me warm inside and shit.

"Can we get a dog" she asked really quickly.

"Are the eight we have not enough?"

"They are! I want a-"

"How would the dogs feel if they knew you wanted a replacement?"

"It's-"

"They would feel forgotten. They would feel- ow!" I laughed as she tugged my hair quite harshly.

I was watching her watching TV as she kept jerking awake.

"Jas" I called, putting my pen down. She smiled at me and laid down on the sofa, hiding her face in a pillow.

"Shut up" she said in a muffled voice.

"Go sleep upstairs" I suggested.

She groaned and slowly got up and sighed and walked over to me. She pushed me before walking out, making me laugh.

Mere minutes later, she came back in and sat down, continuing to watch TV.

"We have to go to a dinner on Wednesday"

"For?" She asked, closing her eyes.

"Birthday. It's a formal dinner party. If you don't want to go then we don't have to."

I don't want to go at all so if Jas doesn't want to then even better.

"I don't mind. Let's make something" she stood up.

"What do you have in mind?"

"I don't know. Let me ask Leo for suggestions" she took out her phone and called him. She stood next to me and then laid across my lap with her head hanging off the armrest, making me put everything down.
"Give me the first dessert that comes to mind" she instructed as soon as he picked up.

"Strawberry pastries"

She looked at me for a second. "thank you."

"Don't eat too many. I think Mike is making dinner"

"Okay. I love you" she hung up.
"I'm going to ask Michael. I need even suggestions."

"Hello beautiful. Can I call you back in a couple minutes?"

"No. This is important."

"Go on"

"Give me the first dessert that comes to mind" she smirked.

He sighed "Sweetheart-"

"Just answer me"

"Chocolate pastries?"

"Okay thank you. I love you" she hung up. She looked at me with a smile and got up. She took my hand and dragged me up and into the kitchen.

~·~

"This is why we don't let you two cook together by yourselves. Look at this! What the fuck is wrong with you guys?" Leo complained.

"It's actually not even that-" Jasmine stopped talking when Leo glared at her, making her hide her face in my arm.

"I'm ba- what the fuck happened in here?" Michael walked in.

"It wasn't us." I defended instantly.

"Who was it then?"

We both pointed at Cerus and Neptune who were sleeping. Just as Leo was about to say something, the oven timer went off, causing Jasmine to get up off the stool and go over to the oven and open it.

"Can you-" she looked up at Leo through her eyelashes. He looked at me with an annoyed look and sighed, taking the tray of pastries out of the oven for us.

"Oh look how pretty they are" she gushed over the heart pastries we made.

"It's like we left a couple of toddlers home alone" Michael complained.

"But we did the dishes and we tidied up. This was just-"

"Save it, Jas" Leo cut her off, making her sigh with a smirk.

Jas grabbed a couple pastries before dropping them back on the plate immediately, making me laugh. Michael grabbed her wrist and got her out of the mess that was made.
"After dinner. You're helping me and you-" he looked at me as Jasmine groaned "-are cleaning this up" He ordered, leaving no room for objection before taking Jasmine upstairs.

"I'm not child" I heard Jas object but I assume Michael just ignored her.

I sighed and got up to get the dustpan and brush.
"Did Antonio tell you about the dinner?" I asked Leo.

"Yeah. Did he mention that we have to go to New Zealand?"

"Oh for fucks sake" I grumbled.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★