Jasmine

The café is so much fun. It's been 2 weeks and we've had alot more customers now but we're managing.

I've stopped taking the bus ever since last time and I've been walking to and from the campus.

"Good morning guys" I announced, walking to the back room to change.

"Good morning sweetheart. How are you doing on this fine Scottish morning"

Fine was an understatement. It was anything but fine. It's getting colder so I may have to call an Uber to get to and from work.

"Amazing. The sun is out and it is such a nice day outside" I replied sarcastically earning a chuckle from him.

Michael is so lovely. He's so funny and caring and I might have a teeny tiny crush on him but anyone would if they hung around with him.

"Have you got any plans for later on" I asked, tying my apron while walking behind counter.

"Not really. Just go home and do paperwork. You?"

"I'm glad you asked because I'm going to a party with my friends. I'm so excited"

"That's cool. What type of party?"

"I have no idea but apparently there's supposed to be a bonfire"

"A bonfire party? Those are pretty sketchy. Do you want me to drop you?"

"No thank you, Dad"

I saw him shift in his seat but I decided to ignored it.

"Girl- where are your dresses, skirts, short skirts. This is like looking through my brother's closet" Priya complained.

"I despise them. They make me uncomfortable"

Priya sighed in annoyance. "Fine. We'll just have to make do with what we have"

"Why can't I just wear sweatpa-"

"YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE JEANS??? WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?" Priya exclaimed.

"They're really uncomfortable"

She groaned "that's it. We're going shopping" she grabbed her purse and gave me my wallet, from my desk, and dragged me out of the room.

.

"Nope. Nope. No way. That would look horrible on me"

Priya kept holding up dresses. What didn't she understand. I could back out right now but I just want to get drunk.

I grabbed her shoulders, making her stop what she's doing and look at me.

"I. Don't. Want. Any. Fucking. Dresses."

She sighed and nodded.

"Oh. My. God. Jasmine. How about this" she held up a white crop hoodie and white sweatpants.

"Won't it get dirty?"

"Umm there's a black version?"

"Do you like it? I can wear a dress if that makes you happy"

"No way. You're not wearing a dress for me. I love anything you wear. I'm sorry I somewhat pressured you into trying to wear a dress. I guess I was just shocked" she rubbed the back of her neck

I let out a small laugh "it's okay. Well if you're okay then this outfit looks amazing. What are you going to- wait, let me guess. A dress"

"You guessed it" she smiled, dragging me to the women's section.

"Isn't it going to be freezing. Will a dress be the best decision?"

"Hm. Maybe you're right or whatever. I'll wear trousers or something" she rolled her eyes. "I also need to get wax pellets. Brought my wax machine"

"You know how to wax?" I asked.

"Yup. My mum is a beautician."

"Oh"

. . .

Priya waxed my arms, legs, armpits, and my stomach.

God, it's hard work being an Indian

I showered, and washed my hair, and grabbed some gum, and my phone and waited for Priya to get ready.

"Took you long enough, fucking hell" I complained as Priya walked into the living room. I looked at her and she looked "hot. You look so hot. You look-" I turned off the TV "stop watching hot. Which is the highest level of hotness"

"Thank you very much" she smiled. God she was so cute. "Connor and Dante are waiting outside so let's get going" she exclaimed.

. . .

"I'm going to get another drink. Do you guys want one?" I shouted over the music.

"Yes please. I'll come with you." Dante smiled.

Connor and Priya were busy sucking each other's faces off.

Her parents would be so disappointed.

"Hello beautiful"

»»»»»»