Siren!Mera x Fem!Siren!Reader

Sorry about all the siren stuff but at the moment I'm kinda hooked on them.

====================================

Your POV

I peeked my head above the water once I reached the rocks. I had always wanted to get closer to the humans because for some reason I've always had a longing to be near them, despite being and having a siren for a mate. My mate of course was the wonderful leader of our small siren group-Mera. She was everything a good mate was suppose to be-strong, caring, and protective albeit too much sometimes. Even though I love her she doesn't like me getting close to the surface. Which is exactly why I snuck out while she was sleeping.

My ears flicker as some strange melody reaches me. I swim closer tilting my head at the catchy beat. Even though I've never heard any melody like this it felt familiar. Maybe I have heard this song from a passing ship or two. I watch as the humans cheer and greet each other, hugging and laughing with one another. I frown feeling a little lonely at the sight. I go to move closer to the harbor when something grabs my tail and yanks me underwater. I thrash in their grip until I recognized my red head mate. I stop as she grabs my arms, her eyes scanning over me with worry. Upon seeing no injuries her eyes meet mine again.

"What were you doing?! Do you know what they would've done to you if they saw you!?"

"I-I just wanted to get a closer look is all."

"Y/N my love humans are dangerous. Yes we feed on them from time to time but there's a reason for that. If anyone survived our encounters and told the others-they would hunt us down and kill us until there's no one left."

I look down in shame unable to hold her gaze. Mera gently tilts my head up, a sigh escaping her lips. She kissed my cheek before gently grabbing my wrist, leading me back to our den. I couldn't help but let my eyes wander my mate's body. She was by far the most beautiful in our group. Her orange hair and blue eyes could stop any siren in their fins. Her physiology was impressive as well her muscle always on show for me. Her tail was a stark contrast to mine-it was an impressive teal color and it was long and elegant like a mermaid's. Mine on the other hand was on the shorter side, and it made it hard to swim sometimes without Mera's help.

After a few minutes we arrive at our large den, and a few other sirens approach us.

"Where was she?"

"Is she alright?"

"Yes she's fine. She was just...exploring." Mera answers pulling me past them

They don't try to swim after us allowing us to escape to our private den. She pulls me towards our comfortable sea weed bed, her tail intertwining on mine as we lay down. Her blue eyes stare into mine as her hand cups my cheek, her thumb running across the smooth skin.

"I really wish you would heed my warnings Y/N." She sighs as I cuddle into her chest

"I try but I just feel a pull to them. Whenever their melodies reach my ears there's this feeling of longing and familiarity. It's hard for me to stay away."

"I understand but like I've stated many times before-the humans are dangerous. They've hunted our kind before and I'm they'll do it again. If you wanted to get a closer look at them in the harbor then you should've just woken me up. It pains me that you chose to sneak out."

I frown looking down at her torso, ashamed that I made my mate worry.

"I understand and I'm sorry. Next time I'll be sure to have you with me."

She smiles before pressing her lips to mine. I return the kiss while her hands travel downwards, running along the length of my body before stopping at my hips. I wrap my arms around her neck pulling her closer as I try to deepen the kiss. She doesn't allow this however and pulls away, ending the kiss. I pout earning a small chuckle from her.

"Well even though you claim to understand, perhaps I need to make sure the thought remains with you that your place here in our small pod...is at my side and under my protection like I've said dozens of times.."