Harpy x Female!Reader

========================================================================================

Your POV

"We have to go through their territory." Our captain whispers as we enter the forest

"No we don't." Another member of my group speaks, "We can just go around. It'll take more time but at least we won't get attacked by harpies."

"Look I'm in charge and you listen to me. Keep your heads down and keep quiet. They won't even know we're here."

I roll my eyes but I have little to no choice but to follow him as the rest of my squad follows the captain deeper into the forest. I shake my head and keep my crossbow at the ready while we continue through. As we traverse through the dense forest we keep looking over our heads at the forest roof, looking for any signs of the infamous female winged creatures. After a few minutes of constant, paranoid looking we took a few breaths of relief, happy that we could relax. We continue through the forest and at the halfway mark our captain motions for us to stop. Immediately we tense back up while he looks around, his eyes narrowed into a glare. A few seconds pass before he starts to move again.

"What did you see?" Someone asks

"Didn't see, heard." He whispers

"Well what was it?"

"Stop bothering him." I whisper at the others, "Besides if the harpies are here we shouldn't be talking."

I get a few glares from some of my squad mates but they do shut up. A few minutes later we hear a loud branch snap to the left of us.

"What the fuck was that!?" Someone whispers shouts

Not even a second later a shadow shoots by us, and the guy is suddenly gone.

"Everyone crossbows at the ready!" Our captain shouts pointing his up at the canopy

Multiple shrieks fill the air before more shadows block out the sunlight. Almost immediately a few of us begin to shoot at them, but of course miss. As we try to reload the harpies go on the offense, a few of them grabbing some of my squad mates and whisking them away. I try to shoot at the kidnapping harpies but I missed them. Suddenly I'm hit in the side, the force sending me crashing into a tree making me wince as my back came in contact with the harsh wood. My ears begin to ring as I lose my grip on the crossbow, the weapon scattering a few feet away from me. As my body slumps to the ground something wraps around me, forcing my arms against my body. 

I wince as my face comes in contact with the cool dirt, the ringing in my ears making the cries and screams of my fellow soldiers muffled. A few minutes pass before the ringing finally clears, and I become aware of how silent the forest now was. I couldn't focus on that for too long however as I felt talons pressing into my back. Out of the corner of my eye I see an armored harpy glaring down at me.

Her feet dig into my bindings as she looks at the other harpies in the clearing, "Pick who you desire

Her feet dig into my bindings as she looks at the other harpies in the clearing, "Pick who you desire. Leave the rest to the others. I'm bringing this one to our queen."

The others nod and the one holding me quickly takes off causing me to yelp in surprise. I close my eyes in panic not wanting to see how far up we were. After a few minutes the harpy sets me down and I finally open my eyes upon feeling something stable underneath me. My E/C eyes are immediately drawn to the purple haired harpy in the middle of the hut. Her icy blue eyes seem to pierce into my soul before they moved onto the harpy that brought me here. 

"She was apart of the trespassers?"

"Yes my queen."

The queen steps forward causing the other to step away from me. She circles me like a predator would do their prey, her eyes scanning my body. My eyes do the same, starting with her distracting legs, but I was ultimately entranced by her fluorescent blue feathers. She stops in front of me, biting the tip of her finger as she smirks at me.

"She'll do. Go help the others bring them back to the village."

The other nods and quickly flies off. I gulp when our eyes lock again.

"What's your name princess?" She asks taking my chin in her hand

P-Princess?!

"I-It's um Y/N." I blush, "What's yours?"

She smiles, "Nyrea."

"T-That's unique." I respond earning a chuckle from her 

Suddenly her clawed hands shoot down my sides, cutting off my restraints. As soon as I was free I scrambled away from Nyrea, her smile turning into a frown. She follows me and I keep scooting back until my hand slips off the edge of the platform.

"I wouldn't keep going dear. Unless you wish to fall." She states her eyes narrowing into a glare

I fearfully look over the edge only to see the ground 200 feet below us. I scramble away from the edge, only stopping when my back hit her legs. Nyrea kneels down wrapping her wings around me while her arms secured themselves around my waist. She kissed my temple rubbing small circular patterns on my waist to calm me down.

"It's alright. I'm not going to let you fall."

She picks me up walking back inside her hut and gently set me down on her bed. She straddles me placing her hands on my hips again as we stared at each other. 

"I'm not going to harm you." She sighs gently grabbing my hand, "I wish for you to be my mate. Someone who I can love and care for. Someone who can be my mate."

"B-But we don't even know each other.."

"We can use our time together to get to know each other. Besides you're pretty much stuck up here with me." She chuckles kissing my hand

I blush ducking my head, "I-I guess we can try us out."

Her wings curl around me, snuggling me up against her front. I swear she starts to purr as she places her head on top of mine. I decide to accept my fate and relax into her hold. She lays down on her side keeping me flush against her. With some hesitancy I lay my head on her chest earning another purr from her. She carefully runs her hand through my H/C hair and I sigh in content. Nyrea smiles clearly happy that I already trust her a little bit.