chapter twenty two

3 weeks later

Yuri took a small cloth towel and soaked it in a basin containing water. After that, she squeezed the cloth and wiped Yena's body gently.

3 weeks have passed but Yena is still unconscious. Yena has responded several times but when the doctor checked, nothing happened.

Yuri decided to take the nurse's job, wiping Yena's body everyday as she don't want the nurse touch Yena.

While wiping Yena's hand, suddenly Yena's finger moved.

Yuri just kept wiping Yena's hand without any feeling of happiness in her heart because Yena had responded like that several times.

But then, her hand felt in a weak grip. Yuri stopped from wiping Yena's hand.

"J-Jo Yuri."

Yuri immediately lift her head up and look at Yena. Her eyes widen seeing Yena was awake as they meet their eyes.

"Y-Yena.. You a-awake.."

Yuri immediately push the red button beside Yena's bed and then the doctor and nurse come.

Yuri leave the room with a happy tears escape from her eyes. She's waiting patiently.

After a while, the doctor come out and Yuri lean closer to her.

"Doc? How's she?"

"Gladly, she's okay. What shocked us more is, her body still can moved perfectly even she lay down for 3 weeks. Congrats, Ms. Yuri."

Yuri smile happily as she bowed to the doctor. "Thank you so much, doctor." the doctor nodded and she excuse herself.

Yuri immediately twist the knob door and she open the door. She smiles seeing Yena who also looking at her.

"Yena.."

call her as she closed the door and run to Yena. Yena chuckles weakly and Yuri quickly hugged her tightly.

"Hi, J-Joyul. Miss me?"

"So much. I miss you so bad."

reply her and crying happily. Yena rubbing Yuri's hair gently and tighten the hugged.

"Shh.. don't cry, baby.." persuade her softly and Yuri break the hug. She look into Yena's eyes and held Yena's face.

"B-But I'm so happy that you are awake. Don't you know that I miss you so much?"

"How long I didn't wake up, baby?"

asked Yena and wipe Yuri's tears away. Yuri pouts. "3 weeks." answer her sadly.

"3 weeks? It's so long. No wonder you miss me too much. I'm sorry baby." say her and Yuri shook her head.

"It's okay, ducky. The important thing now is you are awake."

"Where is our parents? Chaewon and Minju?" ask Yena again and Yuri smile.

"They now rest at Jihoon oppa's house for a while. They will come later. Chaewon and Minju still at school."

"Jihoon?"

Yuri nodded and gripped Yena's hands tight. "Yes. He's my stepbrother." answer Yuri simply.

Yena just nods and she looked away from Yuri. Yuri realized it and she chuckles.

"Are you sulking?" ask her and held Yena's face, and make Yena look at her.

"Are you jealous?"

"Hmmphh.. No."

Yuri softly giggles seeing Yena's cute reaction. She pull Yena's nose gently make Yena whinned.

"Don't be jealous. I'm yours, right?" ask her and Yena was blushing a little. She clear her throat and look away.

"Tch.. Let me kiss you." say Yuri and grabbed Yena's face. She lean closer and kiss Yena's lips.

Yena finally smile, she put her arms around Yuri's neck and kiss the girl back. Yuri smirks.

After a while, they broke the kisses and Yuri squeaked softly. "I love you." confess Yuri and Yena smile wider hearing that.

"I love you too." Yuri caressing Yena's cheeks and Yena likes it. "You look tiny, Joyul. You don't eat well?" ask her worriedly.

"How I want to eat well if I always remember you, Yena? I couldn't sleep because I miss you."

explained Yuri and looked down. Yena squeaked before she pull Yuri into a hug. "Sorry for troubling you, Joyul.." say her.

Yuri shakes her head in Yena's arm and she crying. "No, you are not. I'm glad now you are awake."

"YENA!!" Yena and Yuri was startled hearing someone yelling, they turn around and saw Chaewon running to them.

Minju shook her head as she walked to them. "You are awake, dear." say Mrs. Choi happily and Yena chuckles.

"Yes, mom. I miss you so much."

"Me too."

They are hugging each other and Yuri's parents walk inside with Jihoon. They lean closer.

"Hey, duck. You don't miss us?" ask Minju while crossing her arms. Yena stick out her tongue. "No."

"Yah, how dare you! I'm your bestfriend!" mad Chaewon and slapped Yena's arm. Yena yelped in pain.

"How dare you!" mad her back and Yuri just smiling seeing them as she rest her head on Yena's shoulder and hugging Yena's arm.

Yena was sitting in the bed with lean her back on the pillow behind her.

"Are you okay, Yena?" ask Mrs. Jo and Yena smile. "Yes, Mrs. Jo―"

"Yah! Call her mom." mad Yuri as she glared to Yena. Yena gulped and she sighed. "Fine. I'm okay, m-mom."

all of them laugh while Jihoon just smile. Yena then saw him, and she raised her brow.

"Who is he?" ask her and Mrs. Jo chuckles. "His name is Seo Jihoon. My stepson and Yuri's stepbrother."

Jihoon bowed to Yena, and Yena smile a little bit sincere. "Have you eaten, Yena? Yuri?" ask Mr. Jo.

"No. We just eat the breads that Yuri bought at the cafe." answer Yena nicely and Yuri nodded.

"Ughh, stop clinging onto Yena, Yuri. We know you miss her so much." Minju rolled her eyes.

Yuri squeaked. "Just say that you are jealous, frog." reply her and Chaewon laugh with Yena.

"Let's eat at the cafe, should we?" ask Mrs. Choi and all of them nodded. Yuri and Chaewon help Yena stood up and put her on the wheelchair.

They then walked leaving the room as they went to the cafe.

To be continued..