That included Alberu, even the maidservants that Alberu sent were not able to get inside.

It seemed like that servant knew several maidservants were acting as overseers for Cale who would all be reported to Alberu.

Alberu was sent to the border due to recent cases of missing persons between the borders of the Roan Kingdom and the Whipper Kingdom. But still, to send the Prince to the border– perhaps some higher ups in the Palace hoped that Alberu would also go missing with those people.

It had been three days since Alberu had been here and they discovered that the kidnapping had led to the sale of slaves.

The sale of slaves was already banned in the Roan kingdom, but there were still other kingdoms in the western continent that did that, the problem was not the location of the sale, but where they got the goods to sell.

A kingdom that still sells slaves will lower the status of commoners who can't pay taxes as slaves, they don't have to pay taxes as slaves but they have to work for the person who bought them, who knows what work that is.

But that doesn't mean the possibility of kidnapping the people of other Kingdoms as slaves in their Kingdoms doesn't exist.

"Prince, we found a secret passage to the Whipper Kingdom."

Alberu's first suspect was the Whipper Kingdom, apart from the location, the Whipper Kingdom still used slaves, especially among the nobles and even their Royal family was no exception.
But is it possible for Alberu to touch another Kingdom? Alberu was just sent here just like that without even direct intervention from the King.

"We will secretly enter the Whipper Kingdom, once we have clear evidence of spreading the news throughout the surrounding Kingdoms, the Whipper Royal Family will definitely lower the order regarding slavery out of shame."

"But Prince, weren't our actions so ruthless? They made some of our people disappear."

Alberu knew that too, but what could they do? They would bring back the people they abducted if they were still alive somewhere and demand damages, but pursuing further trouble would only create tension.

The Whipper Kingdom was known for their magic troops and magic towers, if there was any tension with the Roan Kingdom, the people would panic and that would be an opportunity to blame Alberu.

"We don't have enough power to go too far."

Several knights agreed with him.

Most of the ones here with Alberu were ordinary knights, who fully wanted to work for the Kingdom, they didn't care who took them that long for the Kingdom, and the rest were dark elves in disguise, no one of high rank or influence came here.

Even the lord of this realm didn't really greet him in a friendly manner.

"We'll move when the sun goes down"
It was now evening, Alberu saw the sky starting to turn red and it reminded him of someone.

.

.

.

Night falls and Alberu and his men prepare to enter the Whipper Kingdom, Alberu loses his Princely appearance and gives himself brown hair and eyes.

They had managed to gather the names of the Nobles who frequently bought slaves, as Alberu expected, even the Royal Family used to buy some slaves, and some were even sent to the magic tower.

"We'll split up into the group I prearranged."

Alberu gave the order.

The plan was, they would be divided into groups, and some would act as slaves to be brought to the auction while the others were their handlers.

Alberu will act as a slave to be sold, the dark elves reject this idea because it is considered dangerous, especially if it turns out that there are treasonous palace personnel.

But Alberu needed to see firsthand whether the ones that disappeared might be there or had already been sold.

So they entered the Whipper's kingdom through the secret passage they had found, the way these people often used to bring in and out of slaves.

Those who acted as slaves sat inside the carriage with ropes and chains, of course it wasn't completely tied up.

After arriving at what was supposed to be the auction house, they were stopped by people who looked like guards.

"We brought some new stuffs, sir." The dark elves up ahead had good acting.

Sraak

The carriage cover opened and
revealed people with messy clothes tied up, all of whom had convincing acting, the guard looked at all of them one by one.  There were five carriages and they checked all of them.

"You should separate the good stuffs."
The guard added.

"Haha, shouldn't that be the job of the auctioneer?"

"Tsk, you're not trying to lighten our load at all, are you?"

The carriage was then brought into the basement, on the right and left there were cells holding many people.

"Hey! Where did you get the new stuffs from?"

“Oh, the cultivators from the borders of the neighboring Kingdom.”

"Then put them here! This is a place for outside goods."

Alberu didn't expect it to be so soon, they differentiated between slaves from their own Kingdom and slaves kidnapped from other Kingdoms.

And sure enough, Alberu saw people with the reported traits.

Of course no one recognized Alberu even if they were people of the Roan Kingdom.

"Looks like the new stuffs is pretty good?"

"Ah! Yes... indeed many are still quite young."

Of course, since most low-level knights were newly recruited knights, so they were still young and even looked pretty good despite their disheveled appearance.

"Bring the good stuff to the room upstairs."

Finally almost half of them were taken to a separate detention room from the underground cell including Alberu, at least they knew where the prisoners were.

.

.

.

Some time after the team disguised as slaves entered, the dark elves and knights waiting outside did some reconnaissance. Some of them had also been sent to the homes of the Nobles who might have bought the missing people as slaves.

Meanwhile in one of the special cells with several other people, there were no knights accompanying him here, it seemed that this cell was exclusively for slaves of immature age.

The children here generally have a good appearance, if they are sold, they will be cared for by the owner until they get bored.

Whoa, swosh

Alberu felt an elemental nearby caressing his face.

"Tell to start now."

Alberu whispered and the elemental slowly floated back to his contractor outside.

_____________________________

March 30, 2022

.

.

.

.

Does anyone know if Wattpad can still have private chapters or not?
It's because I want to make a special chapter but someone said that now it can't be private anymore? If it can't be private, there's nothing special about it T_T

Continued.