Chapter 4

Step step step.

Cale carefully walked over the forest grass.

The night was cold, and it grew colder as he entered the forest, some time ago when Cale found the secret room his mother prepared in his room, Cale found the diary.

In the book there is information about a house in a cave in the forest of darkness, one of the forbidden areas directly adjacent to the Henituse territory.

Cale tightened his coat, while tightly making sure the magic device that was hiding his presence from the monsters remained in his grip.

Cale had come here with the teleportation scroll, there were many things in the room besides the diary and Cale decided he would examine everything more thoroughly later.

Finally Cale found the mentioned cave, it was located exactly as described, it was right in the middle of the forest. After confirming that no monsters were following him, Cale tried to touch the rock that seemed to be the entrance to it, but there was no reaction.

"How do I open it?"

Knock knock

Cale tapped on the rock instinctively, but unexpectedly the rock covered in vines started to vibrate and split open with a crack in the middle resulting in quite a loud vibration and sound on the ground.

Cale was worried that a monster would come close here because of the sound but after confirming the surroundings once again there were still no monsters approaching.

Cale then saw a path leading underground in the middle of the now open boulder, there was a magic seal there that seemed to be preventing the monsters from going inside.

The path leading down was dark, but being in the middle of the Dark Forest full of monsters at night was no less scary, so Cale braved himself and went inside.

.

.

.

Drao drap drap drap

The boy who seemed to be seventeen years old ran towards the source of the unusual sound.

There was a strong tremor in the ground as if the ground was about to split apart, then an unusual cracking sound, and an unusual feeling that even monsters didn't dare to approach in that direction.

Gripping his sword tighter, the boy ran closer to the source of the sound out of curiosity.

He was sure that during his experience in this forest, no monster could make such a sound, so maybe...

Maybe it's just a baseless idea, but there's nothing wrong with hope.

Kieeeek!

Graar!

The monsters ran away on their own causing the boy to walk without a hitch.

A little more, and he would get to where the voice was coming from.

Drap drap drap drap drap

Finally the boy arrived in front of a large rock that formed the path to the underground cave.

The boy tried to enter the dark-looking street after sensing someone's presence inside. His breath hitched not sure if it was what he expected or just another monster running around.

Further inward, the road finally lit up from its end, the boy gasped at the sight of a large intact house, with a large and beautiful courtyard in the underground square.