Solace

Mullai slowly peeled herself from Kathir, and then the realization set in.

She freaking hugged him.

Woah.

Embarrassed, she stared everywhere except his face.

Kathir understood that she was embarrassed and discreetly tried to change the topic.

"Bedsheet pudikalaya," he asked out of the blue.

"Huh."

"Bedsheet ah yae rombha nerama uthu pattutu irrukiyae adhan keten," he said, smiling.

"Ama pudikala," she replied curtly.

"Yen," he asked.

"Pinna yennanga navy blue color la irruku idha poi bedsheet nu yaaradhu solluvangala. Bedsheet na white color irrukanom," she deadpanned.

Kathir chuckled in a boyish way, running his fingers through his hair.

Mullai mentally awed like a hormonal teenage girl...

"Seri nga naan poi dinner ready panren," she got up.

"Oru nimisham," Kathir said as Mullai stopped in her tracks and turned towards him.

"Adhu..nee..nee...nee..." he dragged.

"Och yethana nee nga..." Mullai hollered.

"Nee pesama yen room ku change ayiden," he said in one breath, making her gasp.

Change... what...

Mullai dramatically kept a hand over her chest and ran towards him, placing a palm on his neck and forehead, checking his temperature.

"Hey. Yenna..." Kathir looked at her weirdly.

"Ungaluku joram onnum illala," she asked anxiously.

"Illayae ipoo idha yen kekura," he asked, confused.

"Illa yenna poi unga room ku change agi Vara sonningalae adhan keten," she said seriously.

Kathir glared at her.

"Yenna patha unaku rppadi theriyudhu?" he asked, frowning.

"Manishan maati theriyudhu," she said, suppressing her laughter.

"Pha..periya joke dhan," he clapped his hands sarcastically.

"Idhu periya joke ellam illanga chinnadhu dhan," she said, flicking her hair.

Kathir rolled his eyes.

"Inga paaru mulla serious ah dhan solren unga akka ipo vandurukanga avangalukubkonjam personal space venum so nee un room ah avangaluku kuduttutu yen room ku shift agi ko," he said.

Mullai grinned.

"Ada raasa idhukagha thana naan ivalo naal kathurundhen," she squealed in her mind.

"Edhukagha kathurindha..." Kathir asked, confused.

That's when Mullai realized that she had blurted out things loud that she had mentally spoken in her mind.

"Na...naan smaika poren," she says and dashes out before Kathir could understand what she meant.

Dinner was a very silent affair...

Manju was drowned in her own thoughts as she swirled with the idli in her hand...

Mullai took two idlis, poured some sambar and chutney, mixed it together, smashed the idli with it, and ate.

Kathir, who was sitting next to her, cringed on seeing her eating style.