Read to Her.

*Y/n POV*

"What do you mean you don't know?" He asked softly, simply trying to understand the person in front of him and finding it incredibly difficult. I could tell he found it irritating by the way his eye burrowed into my skull.

"I can't remember my name." I said to myself in disbelief, momentarily forgetting he was there at all.

I couldn't remember anything. I- I thought and I thought but my head felt... empty, I didn't know anything about myself, my childhood or if I had any friends. My parents or where I came from. Nothing, I didn't know anything. I began to breathe a little harder from the stress. I think I was hyperventilating.

"Woah, hey, it's okay. You're safe, we'll figure this out. I just need you to stay calm." He soothes and I nod my head again, I can barely keep myself together.

"Peter! Peter!" A young voice yells from outside the tent we're in and a small boy comes through the entrance. He jumps and skips and frolics to the older boys side, I'm guessing this is Peter.

"Look what I learned!" He beams up at Peter, making him smirk. The small boy, no older than 7, hasn't even seen me. His eyes are fixed on Peter.

"Nibs, do you want to say hi to our guest?" Peter smirks and the small boy, Nibs, spins to see me on the bed. I feel slightly uncomfortable by the way his big brown eyes are observing every inch of me.

"Hi, I'm Nibs, do you want to see what I can do?" He smiles at me and it makes me feel... warm, this boy is so light and full of wonder. Peter smiles and Nibs climbs on the bed beside me, Peter watches the two of us.

On his lap is a book which he opens to a random page and he begins to read. He's been learning to read, that's what he wanted to show Peter. "I haven't gotten some of the big words yet but that's okay, I'll get there." He says and I smile at him.

"I can help you if you like, I like to read too." I blurt and he nods vigorously.

"What do you like to read? I probably haven't heard of it but what is it?" He laughs at himself and I am about to answer. But I can't-

Because i feel like I've run into a wall in my head, my memory if cutt off. I don't even know my name, let alone what I like to read. How do I know that I like to read? It just came out of my mouth.

I look at Peter, his eyebrows are drawn together, watching the two of us. He sees my alarmed state.

"Nibs why don't you read to her, I'll be right back, I just need to go and talk to Felix. Is that alright?" He directs that last part at me and I nod, still running into that wall, again and again. Remember, remember, remember.

Peter leaves the tent and Nibs begins from the beginning. I listen and notice how he pronounces his 'th's as 'f's and he doesn't know how to read punctuation yet. But that's okay, I just listen for a while and help him with a few tricky words. Eventually, despite not knowing what the time is, it could well be midday or midnight. I can't tell - I fell asleep.

*Peter POV*

Everyone, except Nibs is at the table, Felix is sharpening the tip of his blade, Slightly is polishing a bit of silver. Twins are playing a card game and Tootles and Curly are sitting talking to each other. But they all stop when I approach, they want to know what's going on. I don't blame them.

"Is she awake?" Asks Slightly, all the others listen, Felix told them this morning what we found last night, most of them seemed pretty calm and concerned, others alarmed and curious. Pretty much all of them are curious.

"Yeah, she's awake but we have a slight problem."

"What is it Peter?" Tootles asks and I rub the back of my neck, it aches as I barely slept last night in that damn chair.

"She can't remember anything, not even her name, it's like she has amnesia." I explain,

"What's amnesia?" Asks Twins.

"It's memory loss twins. When you lose memories or information about yourself or others." Felix explains and he nods."

"That's awful." Twins says to himself.

"Well what do we do?" Asks Curly and for once. I have no idea.

"She's in no state to travel. I bet she can hardly keep herself upright based on how she looked last night." Slightly announces, he's right, I can't stop thinking about the lifeless form we saw last night. She looked dead. She almost was.

"We wait, see what she can give us. What happened to her. Then we make a plan from there." I say and no one responds but when I hear my tent open we all look over and Nibs comes running out.

"Peter! Felix!" he yells. We all stood up and walked towards him, he crashed into Slightly.

"What is Nibsy?" He asks.

"She's dead."