Life as we know is on the line, all I need to do is behave.

I weep until there was nothing left. Why me? I wanted a normal life, not to be a weapon of mass destruction. I wanted my old family back, I wanted my old friends back, but most of all, I wanted my old life back. Even as tough and cruel as it was, it didn't hold secrets and insecurities and fears falling like tears. As in the song Drones.

I felt weak, like a feather drifting in the wind. The day was turning into night and I felt myself getting stronger. The forest was calm, quiet and peaceful. I started to play Drones in my head. If you see me, please just walk on by, walk on by. Forget my name and I'll forget it, too. Failed attempts at living simple lives, simple lives, are what keep me from coming back to you. The song is true in many ways and it's my favorite band. I just saw them in concert, too, and it was sick. Rise Against is sick and I hate how all those bubblegum pop sparkle fairies take away their fame. Which I shouldn't say right now, since I was surrounded by nymphs and fairies.

I heard footsteps. "Go away." I told them as they neared.

"No. Katharina, you can't run away like that." Apollo sat down next to me. I sighed heavily.

"Did you know?" I asked, barely above a whisper.

"I tried to tell you. But I couldn't bring myself to it." Apollo sounded broken.

"You could've tried. I would have been mad, but no where near as angry, hurt, or depressed as I was when I found out. It hurts not knowing your path and someone hiding it from you. Especially some one you trust." I looked at him frowning. "Trust is earned not given out like change. It can be broken in a matter of seconds, but it takes forever to build up. You of all people should know that." I stood up and walked away.

***************************************************************************************************************

I finally reached the arena. The crowd was gone, expect for my parents and siblings. Nico was being yelled at by Zeus and Hades while everyone else just stood there, watching. That infuriated me. "Stop. He did nothing wrong. All he did was tell the truth." I heard myself speak, as cold as ice. Everyone just looked at me with shocked expressions.

"While the truth may hurt, it is better thanlying to spare one's feelings. I will not hold a grudge over him but it still hurts being lied to. As Gods, you are supposed to be good. Lying isn't, last time I checked, good, it is actually morally wrong. So take the stick out of your ass and tell me what's happening in this war so me and my brother can be fully prepared." I might get in trouble for the stick in the ass part, but who gives a damn. The campers had to stifle a laugh. Artemis, Athena, Hestia, and Poseidon looked at me with pride and half smiles. Hades and Zeus looked like they were about to strike me down dead.

"Father Zeus, she's right. One, it's not good to lie. Two, we do need to tell her about the war. And three, we need to get the sticks out of our ass, figuratively speaking, of course." Athena tried not to smile as Zeus' face turned into horror as he got the joke. Hades must be the inventor of the death eye 'cause the one he gave me could've killed someone. But then again, it shouldn't surprise me since he is the god of the dead. Nico looked at me gratefully. I just shrugged.

"Aside from that unappeased remark, Annabeth, Percy, and my son, Jason, will tell you two what is going on in the war. And you will be staying in which ever cabin you like. Good day." Zeus nodded and disappeared.

*************************************************************************************************************

In the end, Alex chose the Apollo cabin and I went to the Poseidon cabin. My first choice was the Artemis cabin, but the Hunters don't stay that much. Anita, Claudia, and Ashli helped me unpack and Anita was explaining the whole connection between the Protector and the Protected. It's a lot like the Warrior bound of the vampyres in the House of Night series (I'll get to them much later). But they actually exist and I am the next thing to Nyx. I also am the Queen of Wizards, Werewolves, and anything that is associated with night. I'm what you call the Princess of Night. Alex is the Prince of Day and the king of anything associated with day. The reason we aren't King and Queen is because Artemis and Apollo are the gods of the sun and the moon so we have to be downgraded.