how i fell for a Greek god and become a virginal princess of night

"Look out!" a deep sexy voice shouted. As I started to turn around, I blacked out. All I could remember was falling. The memory isn't complete. That has been my dream for the past two months. I'm not getting closer to finding out the end because every time I get even remotely close to finding out whom the voice belongs to and what happens, my alarm goes off. Kinda sinks doesn't it? 

But today was different. Today I finally turn 14. Yeah, I know, sad, but who could blame me? Anyways, I start off by doing my normal routine, but just at 8 o'clock my mom walk out of the dining room, mumbling something about something being too early. "Oh, Katlyn, you're still here?" she asked. I gave her a duh look. "Sorry, I don't want you to go to school today. Just stay here, you hear me? Alright I have to go." She instructed as she was hurrying out the door. "Wait, mom. I'm going to school. Remember, I got exams and I kinda have to anyways. Don't worry, I'll be fine. Have a nice day, and I love you, mommy." I reassured her. 

The weird thing about my mom and I is that we are really close and it's almost like we could read each other's mind. She gave me a worrying glance and finally hugged me goodbye and left. Things haven't been the same for her ever since she left my dad. I waited around the apartment until 8:30 and walked to the bus. Agustin, my "stalker", looked more worried than my mom this morning. "Hey, what's wrong?" I asked him. He gave me a reassuring smile, well, not much of one anyways. "Nothing. Oh and Happy Birthday!" He pulled out a small, silver rectangle box from his bag. "I know you didn't want a present but here." "Thanks?" I said while juggling my IPod, my bag, and the gift. I put my bag on the ground, put in the headphones, and opened the present. I gasped when I saw what was on the inside. 

In the box was the most beautiful necklace I've ever seen. At the time I didn't know that the necklace could both kill and save me. Joy! It was silver and had many little things like a sapphire crescent moon, a ruby fire, a diamond owl, an onyx heart, a light blue lightning bolt, and an aquamarine wave. Also it had a sun, a freshwater pearl locket, wings, and three animals, a wolf, a tiger, and a horse. "Omigud! Omigud! Omigud!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!" I screamed while hugging him. This truly was the best birthday gift ever! "Yeah, just don't use the locket that much." He grumbled. That's when the bus came. Agustin and I always sit together so when we got to "our seat" he helped put the necklace on. 

"So why can't I use the locket that much." I asked him. He had a distant look in his eye. "Because if you do, you'll see something that you shouldn't. Besides, it isn't a regular locket. It's much more." He gave me a serious look. Which in return, I give him a confused one. "Don't worry 'bout it, Kathe- I mean Katlyn." Weird. The ride to school was quiet since I had my IPod on. By the time I got to first period, I was carrying presents, books, and homework. Needless to say, I didn't see the new boy. The poor guy got hit by everything I was carrying and we were both on the floor. I was too stunned to say anything. I just hit the hot new guy with stuff. The hallway was silent for a second then just started laughing. I felt heat rise to my face. That never happens! Shit! 

The new kid looked into my tiger eyes with his sky blue ones and smiled a perfect smile on his natural Florida tan face and shook his blond surfer boy hair out of the way. "Need some help?" As he put his hand out, my blood froze. This was the younger version of the voice in my dream. Not as deep and sexy but definitely was the voice. He looked at me weird but I shook it off and smiled. "Thanks. Sorry 'bout that by the way." I heard my accent come out. That only happens when I'm mad, tired, sad, embarrassed, or around really redneck people. As you can tell, I'm a "Southern bell", sometimes. The kid smiled. "I'm Apollo. Nice to meet you." He said. "Um, like the Greek god? I'm Katlyn, by the way." My lord, did I just say UM! I AM OFFICALLY STUPID. I mentally backhanded myself. He gave a nervous laugh. "Yeah I get that a lot." He nervously said. Oh am I making him uncomfortable? Stupid girl! I started to pick up my stuff and by the time I got everything picked up it was almost time for class. "I'll see you later." I told him. "Wait! Do you know where Frank History is?" he asked. I nodded. "Come on, I'm actually heading there now." I took him to my class. Then, as soon as everyone in the class saw me, they started to sing really off-key "Happy Birthday". I'm not popular, but I help them pass.  

"Thanks, y'all. Just what I always wanted. A class singing Happy Birthday to me." I said sarcastically. That got everyone laughing. Apollo was looking at my necklace which rested just above my boobs. "My eyes are up here, boy!" I snapped, with my accent getting thicker. My brown hair kept on getting into my eyes. I brushed my hair with my tan olive hand. Just then the bell rang. I went to my seat. Everyone knew me well enough to know to stay away from me when my accent got thick. Usually, that happened when Alejandro talked to me. He keeps on calling my hippo. I know I'm bigger than most twigs, sluts, and cheerleaders. Apparently, not everyone knew to stay five feet away from me when I get mad. Apollo sat next to me. 

We took final exams this period. By the time that we got done it was time for lunch. I was calm at this point. "I know what you are and I can help you. Always wear that necklace." Apollo whispered as we walked down to lunch. I shot him a confused look. He was dead serious. Please? For me, Katharina? I heard a small voice in my head. This day kept on getting weirder and weirder by the second. When we got to the cafeteria, everyone stopped talking and stared at Apollo. The sluts tried to look more "sexy" than usual. For Christ's sake, you're fourteen and in the eighth grade. You don't need to look like a hooker. Agustin dropped his tray, Jeff, an old friend of mine, spit out his milk, my best friend, Claudia, dropped her bag, and Alex, one of the popular people dropped his pizza on his lap. Agustin, Jeff, Claudia, and Alex just stared at him like he was a ghost. "Y'all know that y'all look like fishes right now?" I asked. 

Agustin unfroze first. "Why the fuck are you here?" He growled almost so low I could hear him. Shit, he looked pissed. This isn't good.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This story is based off of Percy Jackson and the Olympians. I DO NOT OWN ANY CHARACTERS FROM THE SERIES. This is my first story, so please bare with me. Comment, vote, and enjoy!

xoxo, K