Chapter 6

Blaze POV

As we walk into the tattoo parlor I can't believe all the different designs. Its like visual overload. I like it.

As everbody starts looking at the different designs I decide to check them out too. I have no intentions of getting one till I am full fledge dauntless but I don't want to just get anything. I really want to make sure I get the right one.

Luke walks up to me with a design in his hand. Turning it around it looks like a snake that would be placed around your arm so it would look like it was crawling up your arm.

"So what do you think?" he ask me looking all excited.

"I love it! It looks baddass!"

"Come sit with me while I have it done please" he looks at me pleading.

Before I can even answer he is pulling me along to someone that I assume is a tattoo artist. He has black spiked hair, great build and his face is the only visible skin without a tattoo.

"Hey Butch! Are you free? I want a new tat" Luke hands the guy the design. Butch takes it and looks over to me smiling.

"What tattoo would you like pretty lady?"

"None for me today thanks. But can I watch?"

Butch pulls a seat up to his station and pats the seat. "Sure. I am not going to turn down the company of a pretty lady." As he smiles at me I can't help but notice what a great smile he has.

As he starts prepping the needles and ink I grow curious about the whole process.

"Hey do you mind explaining the tattoo process? It seems more fascinating then I realized."

As butch starts sterilizing the area and explaining the process to me I can't help but be mesmerized.

I notice a three ring binder sitting at his station with pictures sticking out.

Pointing at the binder "may I?"

Butch looks up "sure. That is all my original tattoos. Some people have me design one just them instead of the usual ones"

As I flip through the pages I can't believe the beautiful art that people have on them. His drawings and tattoos are amazing! They remind me of the art we studied in school.

"Butch have you heard of Picasso or van Gogh? Your drawings and tattoos remind me of the art we learned about in ancient art class. Its like you are an artist except you use skin for canvas instead of real canvas. Its absolutely amazing!"

I can see him start to blush but he just keeps tattooing Luke. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything but his work was too good to keep my mouth shut.

Finally Lukes tattoo is done and butch is explaining to him how to take care of it. Like Luke really need to be told. I think this is his 12th tattoo.

After Luke pays. Butch surprises me and walks around the counter and gives me a big hug. He says "if you need anything or just need a friend or a place to hang out come see me. You will do great."

Luke walks Sophie, Zach and I back to the dorms. I notice a clothes shop.

"Sophie tomorrow after training tomorrow we should go shopping! We can't live in these 2 outfits for the rest of training"

Sophie squeals "girl date! You are on!"

Luke wraps his arm around my shoulder and whispers into my ear "do I get a fashion show after you are done?"

I can't help but look up at him and laugh. He is such a goofball! As I am looking at him I notice Eric standing to our right with a few different guys including Butch. Butch just smiles at me but I can see Eric is shooting daggers at Luke. I wonder if they have a history?

Ignoring the looks from Eric I slip my arm around lukes waist and keep walking.

As we get to the dorm door Luke takes my hand and kisses the back of it. "Sweet dreams Blaze"

"Oh blaze has a boyfriend" Sophie teases me. "How long have you two been in love?"

"Oh please! He is one of my best friends! Go to sleep you goofball!"

We quietly get ready for bed. I think everybody is exhausted. I was sound asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.

When I wake up everybody is still sound asleep. Looking at my watch I noticed it's only 5:39. Knowing I won't be able to go back to sleep I decide to get a quick shower. Its so nice to be able to take a shower and have some privacy.

After debating on laying back down till wake up at 7 I decide to go sit by the chasm.

It is really scary here knowing any slip could lead to death but it's also very beautiful and peaceful listening to the waves crashing against the rock.

I got lost in thought till I hear a voice "amity you aren't gonna jump are you?"

"And give you the pleasure of not having to train me? Heck no!" I laugh while looking up at Eric. I try to look into his blue steel eyes but he is void of any emotion. I have never seen anybody be able to be so emotionless.

"You need your strength for training so why don't you go get some breakfast? The cafeteria is open now."

Standing up and dusting myself off I mumble a thank you and start heading to cafeteria.

I really like people and I like to get to know people but Eric I can not figure out.