Swordbreaker

"Something... something isn't right..." 

Lisbeth, Alaska, and Ayame were all sitting within the shrine after they woke up this morning and were currently drinking tea. Ever since they woke up, they felt as if something was off but couldn't put their finger on it, Alaska takes a sip of her tea and glanced over to Ayame who was thinking really hard. 

"What could it be?" 

"Alaska, how about you ask, AK?" 

"Who's AK?" Ayame went from thinking to confused as the name came up and Alaska stopped drinking her tea and put down the cup. 

"Oh, I forgot to tell you about her." 

Ayame was given a swift introduction about what AK was and then they moved on to ask the AI about what was missing. Normally, Alaska wouldn't do this but this was more like something was missing from themselves rather than anything else, they were simply desperate to find out what it was. 

"Your level system is missing." 

"Wait, that's what it was?! How does this world work now?!" 

"Oh, the leveling system is gone!" Alaska smiled as she always thought the system was a bit stupid in the first place. It held people like her and Lisbeth back from actually exploring their skills with things just straight up not working if attempted just to find out they needed to be level 45 to swing their sword really hard. 

"Oh, thank the Gods, that was always a little stupid in my opinion." Ayame sighed that she could also fully unleash her demons now. No more being trapped by simply not being able to access certain skills. 

"Same. I always found it strange how much like an RPG game it was." Lisbeth was one person who was certainly being held back by her level system. Now, it was all up to her on how to fight. 

"RPG game?" Ayame didn't understand the phrase at all, "Is that... something from your previous lives?" 

They nodded their heads and Ayame didn't question it any further. She felt like it'd simply be a waste of time to do so, after all, it wouldn't help her in this world to know what an RPG game is. But, they were happy now that the stupid system was gone.

Spells were still spells, magic power was still needed to cast those and thankfully, some of the menus still existed such as the life menu. 

Which just tells you what you were inflicted by, your health, magic reserve, hunger, and thirst. That was the only one that stayed around. 

Now, things would be better for naturally powerful people as it's up to their own minds to create spells and abilities for them to use instead of using some dumb menu to tell them. To creative people, this was the best thing to happen in recent history, to people who aren't, they might as well give up now. 

But, it'd be a while before everyone would and could completely acclimatize to this. Alaska went and stood up from the table and took her sword out of her scabbard. 

"Excuse me. I'm gonna go and practice solo for a little bit. Now that I'm no longer limited to that dumb system, I have a few things I wanna test." 

Lisbeth and Ayame nodded and let her walk off. As for themselves, they hadn't really talked to each other, this was the perfect time to do so. 

"So, do you know what to do know that we're done here?" Instead of bouncing into normal conversation, Lisbeth was more interested in their plans to leave seeing as the town was under control and in a good balance now. 

"Actually, there was something happening in the capital city. There's a tournament happening in maybe two months during the Summer Festival, do you think Alaska would be interested in something like that?"