The Count definitely couldn't see the copy of his dead wife jumping and wandering around him.

So he meant that everything would only be temporary and after that it would return to normal as before, but what about Cale? It would be normal in front of other people, but Cale who had already felt left out would not feel the same.

But Alberu wasn't in a position to say that, they had to figure it out themselves.

"You don't have to worry Countess, I already said I would take good care of Cale."

And Alberu wasn't one to say nonsense.

"I really hope you keep your word, Prince."

"Of course why not? I'm not in the Countess' position."

Countess Violan frowned slightly behind her fan which was clearly visible to Alberu.

"What do you mean, Prince?"

"Of course I mean, I will love Cale sincerely, not out of morals or pity."

Just as Alberu's throat felt stuck somewhere, did he just say he loves Cale?

"You are not one to say that, Prince."

"Why not? It's true anyway."

Tap tap

Alberu moved closer.

"I appreciate your high morals Countess, but everyone knows biological children and step son will always be different."

Alberu glanced towards the balcony, to be more precise at a place far beyond the gates of the Royal Palace.

"It's like, 'why do you have to adopt a kid when you can have kids of your own?' No matter how good a person is, they wouldn't do that without any purpose. It's the same for the Countess, why should you love your husband's ex-wife's child when you can have one of your own?"

Alberu looked back at the Countess.

"What you are doing is out of your morals as well as for your husband, I appreciate that because not everyone is capable of doing what you do, but if there is a better place for Cale, why not?"

This time Alberu really had his back on Countess Violan. Seeing this the Countess resigned, and left Alberu back alone on the balcony.

Now that the Countess had just come here, the Ladies and Young Masters noticed that Alberu was alone and he began to be mobbed again.

.

.

.

The party had reached the end of the event, the Queen greeted and thanked all the nobles present, of course the King had disappeared long ago and did not accompany by her side, there was the Third Prince beside the Queen, then the Concubines with each of their children.

Alberu just stood alone while bidding farewell to the guests before finally leaving the ballroom to return to his Palace.

Tap tap tap tap.

Alberu walked towards the carriage that his maid had prepared in front of the Main Palace.

But he stopped when he heard other footsteps coming towards him.

"Greetings to the First Prince."

Alberu turned around and saw a lady who looked about the same age as him.

"Lady Orsena."

The daughter of Duke Orsena's family, she didn't approach Alberu at the party, but instead she came now.