58

*Flashbacks*
*Normal*

_________

⚠️Trigger warning⚠️

This Chapter shows how bad Claytons childhood was. It is not necessary for you to read, and if you don't want to read you can skip. You won't miss any vital information. If you do read on, please be aware of the trigger warning

Claytons POV

If we're doing this, I need some help.

"Fine" I sigh as I throw my shirt on the floor.

I walk towards the sparing ring, and they shoot me confused looks as I walk by them.

I hear them walking towards me as I crouch down in front of the boxing ring.

I reach my hand under and feel around for the key. Once I feel it, I grab it and stand back.

"The fuck are you reaching your hand under there for?" Alex mumbles as I walk towards the metal cabinet at the very back corner of the gym that's filled with yoga mats.

"The amount of spiders under there dude" Leo grimaces and I hear Elijah hum in agreement, while Ezra snorts.

"Oh shut up. You can't climb a tree without pissing your pants" Leo mutters and Ezra scoffs.

"I can so. It's only very big heights I'm afraid of" He mumbles and Elijah chuckles.

"Dude you wouldn't even step foot on the roof of our school" Elijah laughs and Leo snorts.

"At least I'm not afraid of clowns" Ezra mumbles.

"Hey, don't drag me into this" Jay mutters as we near the end of the gym. "Remember that time at Alora and Becca's birthday party you-"

"Leo, we don't need to bring that up" Jay mumbles and they all laugh.

"Why do we even have this cabinet? No one here does yoga" Elijah asks and I see Ezra shrug his shoulders in the corner of my eye.

I grip the side of the cabinet before dragging it back a meter.

I walked around to the space where the cabinet used to be and took out the key to unlock the little door.

"No fucking way" Leo mumbles.

"I've never known that was there and I've been here longer than all of you" Jay mutters as I stick the key in the lock.

"That's because there used to be that vending machine here. You know the one that never had any food in it?" I mumble as I open the small door, and Alex gasps. "How did we not notice that was gone?" He mumbles.

"Because no one ever used it. So when you three were gone to boarding school, they replaced it with this" I explain as crouch down and awkwardly waddle into the small room. This was much easier to do when I was a teenager.

Once I walk into the small room, I stand up and step over to the small wooden table, and grab the black backpack from underneath it.

I exit the small room and close the door.

"What is that place?" Elijah asks while I sit down.

"Used to be a safe room, I think," I tell him as I lean my back against the wall.

They all copy me, and I'm sure we all look stupid sitting around in a misshapen circle on the floor.

"How'd you find it then? Jay asks as he leans his head against the wall.