26

Dresses above ^^^
I don't own these pictures, I got them from Pinterest

Harriet's POV

Holy fucking shit.

Me and Quinn both stare in shock at the dresses laid in front of us, each one looking more expensive than our phones.

"Do you not like them?" Lilian suddenly asks, looking upset.

"No! Oh god no, we love them its just..." Quinn starts before looking back at the dresses, probably looking for the right words.

"We're just shocked that's all. They're beautiful. Thank you so much Lilian" I grin and she smiles. "I'm glad to hear that. Now we best get ready. We should be leaving in an hour if we want to be there on time" Lilian says, causing me and Quinn to panic.

"I still have to shower" Quinn groans before picking up her dress and running into her room. I mentally thank myself for showering earlier.

"Thank you," I say one more time as I hug Lilian, before picking up my dress and running to my room.

Usually, an hour would be plenty of time. But this is a gala for rich people, so an hour is barely enough time.

The gala starts at seven, and it's currently half six. Lilian informed us that it's better to show up thirty minutes late. Something about it being less busy.

I lock my bedroom door and lay the dress on my bed. It was a tight-fitted, black spaghetti strap dress that reached down to my ankles. It had a low back meaning I'd have to go without a bra tonight. It was a v-neck dress but still hid my chest well. It hugged my waist and hips and had a long split going up my left leg.

It was gorgeous, and I hoped it would look just as good on me.

I quickly stripped out of my clothes and gently put on the dress, petrified I'd rip it if I wasn't too careful.

After I put on the dress, I heard a knock on my door.

I unlocked it and opened it, and there was Quinn with her make-up bag. "The dress looks so good on you" I grin as she walks into my room.

Quinn's dress was a long, pink satin dress. Similar to mine, it had a large slit going up her leg and a low back. The dress showed off her beautiful figure, and she looked amazing.

"Thank you, Harriet, you look amazing as well" Quinn grins and I smile.

"I'll do your make-up first, so sit down on your bed" Quinn orders and I snicker.

"You're already gorgeous as it is, so I won't take long" She reassures and I nod.

After what felt like five minutes, she was done. I stand up and look in the mirror to see what she's done.

The only real noticeable difference was my eyes. My eyelashes were curled and more noticeable than usual, leading me to believe she put mascara on me. Quinn put eyeshadow on me, creating a smokey eye look.

"Thanks" I grin as she looks me up and down. "Dude you look so hot right now" Quinn squealed and I laugh.

She then sits down in front of my desk mirror and starts to do her own make-up.

"What are you doing with your hair?" I ask as I look through my wardrobe for heels. "I'm going to straighten it" She answers as she blends foundation into her skin.

"You?" She asks. "I think I'm going to just leave it in its natural state," I tell her as I pull out the black high-heels I wore to my aunt's wedding two years ago.

"You should. It looks good natural. Maybe just add some hairspray though" Quinn mumbles as she concentrates on her eye makeup.

"Do you need a pair of shoes?" I ask. "Yeah," Quinn tells me and I nod. I turn back to my wardrobe and look back down at the shoes. I pick up the silver high heels I wore to Dad and Lilian's wedding. It was four years ago, so they obviously don't fit me anymore. But Quinn is a size four, so they might fit her.