38

Claytons POV

I'm in the bathroom cleaning up my face. We are in one of the many houses my family owns. We're cleaning up here before going back to the school.

I just had a shower because the amount of blood on my chest that had seeped through my shirt was disgusting.

I had a small cut on my bottom lip and a deep cut on the right side of my face just beside my eyebrow. I used three closure strips so hold it close.

I look at myself in the mirror before sighing.

I step out of the bathroom and walk downstairs into the living room where all the guys were sitting. It was nearly half six am and we were all exhausted.

"Just texted Sage and Jay that the mission was successful" Leo tells me and I nod as I sit down beside Ezra.

"If Harriet wasn't suspicious before, she definitely will be now" Elijah chuckles and I groan. "Don't remind me" I mutter.

"What's up?" Alex asks. "Lately Harriet has been noticing how my knuckles are bruised. I came up with some crappy excuses for them but I don't think I'll be able to do that now" I mutter and they nod.

"Are you thinking of telling her the truth?" Leo asks and I sigh. "Not really. I mean I hate lying to her, but I think it's for the best. Our type of lifestyle isn't pretty. I don't know how she'll take it" I answer honestly.

"Do you think she'll tell people if you told her?" Alex asks. "I don't think so. But there's always a small chance she will. And I know what has to happen if people don't keep quiet" I mumble.

"I think you should just wait another few months to tell her" Leo shrugs and I nod. "But then the longer he keeps it a secret, the harder it will be to tell her because he was lying to her for so long," Ezra says.

"And we get cuts and busted lips quite often in this line of work. He'll have to think of one good ass lie if he wants to keep it a secret" Alex adds in and Ezra nods.

"Then just tell her now," Elijah says. "But right now does she trust him enough to be okay with it? You guys have only actually been together for two months right?" Leo asks and I nod.

"But now is better. Because if he waits and tells her in a few months, he'll care for her more. So then if she doesn't handle it well, it will hurt him more to let her go" Elijah says and they all nod. "Good point" Alex says causing Elijah to smile.

"So here's my advice; Man up and tell her," Elijah tells me and I roll my eyes. "Okay let's say I tell her and she isn't okay with it. She might tell her best friend, Quinn aka the girl you're in love with. And then, we'll have to kill them both" I tell him and he goes quiet.

"Maybe you should wait awhile" Elijah mumbles causing the others to laugh.

"Dude good luck 'cause I don't know what to tell you" Alex chuckles and Leo nods. "Right? Hoping I never get stuck in his position" Leo laughs and I roll my eyes.

"Thanks, guys. Such a great help" I mutter and Ezra pats my back. "Don't worry. Once Elijah finally asks out Quinn, he'll be put in your position and you can make fun of him too" Ezra reassures and I grin.

"Still hasn't asked that girl out? Kid, she obviously likes you" Leo snorts and Elijah rolls his eyes before glaring at Ezra. "Just had to drag me into this" Elijah mutters.

"Ezra, you got your eye on anyone yet?" Alex teases and he chuckles. "Could say the same for you. Managed to make a girl stay with you for more than one night yet?" Ezra asks and we all laugh. Apart from Alex who dramatically gasps and slaps his hand over his heart.