Lora Lucas

Lydia was lost in her thoughts in the car, she smiled knowing all she was doing was for Ryan's good, she knew the risk she was taking and what it would cost her but she was not ready to think about it then.

Ryan had a frown on his face, he suddenly realized he was going soft, he was perplexed, he didn't want to fall in love again or have anything to do with love. Lydia was making him soft, he knew very well that when he says he's not doing something he won't but lately he has been listening to Lydia. "This has to stop" he thought as he tightened his grip on the steering wheel.

Ryan manoeuvred as his tires screech and  packed his car and Lydia was awakened from her thoughts "is there something wrong? Why did you stop?"

"Listen Lydia, if you try to speak with Lora and she doesn't listen, don't you dare push it"

"What do you mean?" Lydia asked and wondered why he used the cold tone on her.

"I don't want you to get involved in what doesn't concern you"

"Oh really? This doesn't concern me?" She asked annoyed.

"Don't start Lydia" Ryan said glaring at Lydia.

Lydia eyebrows arched deeper and then she closed her eyes trying to calm her self, she opened her eyes and for some reason Ryan saw it was brighter that before.

Lydia slowly reached for Ryan's cheek, she placed her palm on it and her eyes and Ryan's contacted, she caressed his cheek and said to him in her very sweet voice "it's gonna be okay Ryan, I'm only doing this for you"  she said and slowly she moved her hand to his chest where his heart his and continued "listen to your heart".

Ryan closed his eyes, he felt good just hearing that and feeling her soft palm on his skin, it made him feel the tingles in his body again. "Don't break me Lydia" Ryan whispered underneath his breath but Lydia heard, he turned his engine back on  and continued driving, Lydia only turned to the front as her face became pale.

~~***~~

"Oh my God Ryan, you are here" a nun said as they entered the church. She was looked like she was in her thirties, her nun clothing looked well ironed and really smart on her, a cross chain was hanging down her neck and she was only a little bit taller than Lydia.

"Yes I am" Ryan said with a numb look on his face and Lydia greeted the nun smiling warmly.

"Well the Reverend mother is busy with a guest for now but if it's Lora you came to see she's in the garden"

"Good" Ryan said and turned around but Lydia gasped and said "thank you very much"

"You are most welcome" The nun said and smiled.

"You know you are really rude right?" Lydia said before they entered the garden.

"You shouldn't be surprised by now Lydia, well that's if you know him so well" a voice said and Lydia gasped seeing how the lady resembles Ryan, she knew instantly it was Lora. Lora was in a fine blue jeans, a white top and a black leather jacket with huge gloves in her hands.

"How... How do you know my name?" She asked

"The witcher doesn't leave a story behind" Lora said with a numb look on her face, taking off her gloves and glasses.

"He's not right about everything" Ryan said but Lora ignored him and went towards Lydia smiling warmly.

"Its nice to finally meet you Lydia, you are much more beautiful in person, I just hope you are not a psycho, come with me please" Lora said and Lydia sighed knowing it's like father like daughter situation she's going to deal with.

Lydia took them to her room and made them sit on a sofa, she sat in front of them and asked raising an eyebrow "what do you want dad?" She asked taking of her jacket while she sat across them.

"He wants you to come back" Lydia said before Ryan could say anything.

"I'd like to here that from him" Lora said, crossing her hand on her chest.

Ryan gulped and said "you know I do"

Lora exhaled sharply and said "He must have told you his side of the story so let me tell you mine".

Ryan frowned surprised that she was even talking.

"He left me all by myself when he became the so called billionaire, he just got so busy he forgot everything, my birthdays, when I needed to talk to him he wouldn't listen and you know how he made it worse, he got me a psycho to replace my mom..."

"I wasn't trying to replace your mom..." Ryan said almost raising is voice as Lydia held his hand immediately. Lora frowned seeing how he kept quiet and she was confused at the same time. She couldn't pacify her father and Lydia was doing just that in front of her maybe what the witcher says might be true then.

"Well did you know she hits me?, Do you have any idea how much pain I was going through?!" Lora yelled.

Ryan exhaled as tears were forming in his eyes already "I didn't know... I'm... I'm sorry"

Lora was quiet, she looked away whilst cleaning her tears away.

Lydia stood up and walked closer to Lora, she held her hands and smiled at her.

"I really think you should give him a second chance, I know this is not easy but he's your Dad and he wants to make things right with you"

"I..."

"I'm not good with words, Lora if I could take back those years I would..." Ryan paused he walked closer to Lora and Lydia stepped back to give them space. "I know... I don't have any excuse but I was frustrated, I just wanted to make things right so I can take care of you, I... I just missed your mom Lora"

Lora couldn't hold back her tears, she hugged him and Ryan hugged her back, holding back his tears.

Lydia smiled and convinced Lora to come back with them. She helped with packing her bags and Lora kept surprising Ryan with the way she spoke comfortably.

They got back home together and the maids were also surprised at Lora change of attitude.