Study

Eyes gazing at Lydia from every corner of the the huge living room, death glares, heartwarming stares, bewildered stares and so on, one could only see few of them excited while they talked about Ryan to her, Lydia was surprised to know Ryan had never been in a relationship before but his stepsister, Johanna said he never been in a serious one before. Everyone seemed to like her as they spoke to her except one person.

"What's your name again?" She asked sipping on her wine, she had a plain and unwelcomed look on her face. Her wrinkles were starting to show but she was elegantly dressed. Her eyes kept roaming around Lydia's body looking for something to insult her with, she wanted her to feel like she wasn't supposed to be among them but Ryan made sure that chance wouldn't be given as Lydia was almost perfect that night. Ryan's stepmom hated that she had dressed better than her and couldn't stand it, begrudged, she decided to find another way to hurt her feelings.

"Lydia"

"Lydia, how did you meet Ryan?"

Lydia gulped, Ryan had warned her before going down to the dining that whatever she does, she shouldn't lie about anything not even how they met, he told her to answer whatever question she's asked honestly but wisely. Lydia had no idea why Ryan trusted she would be okay, she thought that they would at least go through what she was supposed to say and what she was not.

She wished she could lie at that moment but she adjusted her self and stood boldly. "at a restaurant"

"Hmm, that's nice" Ryan stepmom replied "knowing Ryan, he definitely bought you, all he does is business and he applys it to everything he does in his life" she continued taking a sip of her wine again as she squinted at Lydia while at it, pleased that she had achieve her goal.

Lydia frowned, she spoke like she knew him so well but then she smiled so she wouldn't give her the pleasure of hurting her.

"No mam, he didn't buy me, he asked me out on a proper date"

"Really?" She asked letting out a surprised look but then changed her expression immediately. Ryan's stepmom didn't further the questioning when Ryan suddenly appeared beside her and quietly pulled her away from his stepmom.

~'~'~'~'~'~

"Why are you always hiding?" Ryan asked Lydia, they were at the balcony, Lydia was starring at the stars while she sipped her wine, everyone left and they bade the guests goodbye, Ryan walked straight to the balcony and Lydia followed without thinking it through.

"I'm not always hiding" she replied smiling, she looked ahead and placed her hand on the baluster, the cool breeze blowing ever hair on her body, she shivered and nimbled her hand on the baluster. Ryan felt the breeze was soothing, it calmed his nerves, he closed his eyes for some seconds and opened it back. He then continued questioning Lydia.

"You are always at home, you don't leave your freaky house, you don't go out to anywhere after work" Ryan asked studying every movement Lydia made, he didn't really know her and he needed to.

"Are you trying to know more about me?" Lydia asked turning to look into Ryan dark eyes, she couldn't hold an eye contact so she looked away again. Ryan seemed like a fighter, a man that was trying to be careful, to not get his heart hurt, a man she had always dreamed would be her partner. Everything about Ryan amuses her, she had been visualizing his face for a while even before he approached her but she would always ignore it.

"Don't answer me with a question" he said still paying attention to how she behaves to his question. He didn't like the fact that she had always been enigmatic.

"I don't need to go out, I just want to stay indoor, it's what's best for me" Lydia said staring at the half moon and smiled again as she felt she had missed something. she saw a little spark of light infront of her, she knew Ryan wouldn't see it but sighed, it was a reminder, she needed to get her head in the right place and not lost herself in her selfish desires. Her superior appeared and Lydia rolled her eyes. He levitated in air and crossed his arm on his chest and smiled whilst wiggling his eyebrows mockingly. She wondered why he appeared after he had already sent the light, she knew Ryan wasn't seeing him but still got a little agitated, her superior then smirked again and evanesce.

"Why do you think so?" Ryan asked again.

"I don't wanna talk about it" Lydia said, sighing.

"What about your parents?" He asked as he walked closer to Lydia.

"I never knew them" Lydia asked, smiling no one has ever asked about her parents, as a matter of fact no one as ever tried to get to know her like Ryan was doing now. She had always managed to ignore men and was always quiet they would get irritated and let her be. But with Ryan it was different, she was talking and revealing her true self to him. Then she got scared again, what if this was not supposed to happen?.

"How did you get to where you are now?"

"I don't know" Lydia replied.

"You're not giving a fitting reply" Ryan snapped annoyed at her response.

"Let me ask you Ryan, how did you become a billionaire?"

"I strived, I studied and I learned to trust no one" he said, he looked away for a moment and turned back to her, walking closer, their bodies almost touching each other, Lydia felt his aura again, she looked into his eyes this time and didn't flinch, her body tensed up as she studied his movement, he slowly removed his hand from his pocket and tucked her hair behind her ear and then he said in a whisper causing a shiver in Lydia's body.

"I will break your chains Miss Lydia" he said and walked away without looking back.