Sign

Have you ever asked yourself? What's the point? Have ever felt you are withering away from the world slowly? Have you ever felt ensnared in a hole and you know there's no escaping route?

Shred of glasses plunged into your heart piercing every part and you still don't feel anything. Your body doesn't feel the need  to react to anything, you want to drown in water but then it seems to be a trap, you cannot drown nor come out of it. Peace is like a dream that would never come true, havoc and pain seems to be the only companion you've got.

That's exactly what Ryan was going through, he walked into his company and everywhere was as silent as a cementary, as he passed by his secretary, he greeted "Good morning Miss Brooks" just out of impulse.

Miss Brooks wanted to reply when she accidentally dropped a file in her hands, she got jittery and pleaded "I... I'm sorry sir, I'm very sorry for being clumsy" she bent over and picked it up, arranging the papers in it as her hand was vibrating.

Ryan said nothing, he walked into his office and sighed, it was his fault, he created the fear in his employees, he would fire anyone who makes just the slightest mistakes, he loves perfection and hated it when they make mistakes.

As Ryan sat on his chair, he pushed it back and crossed his leg staring into his computer, he slide open his stationary tray and scoured it, he took out a picture and sighed heavily. His phone started ringing out loud and he picked it up seeing it was Rob.
"Speak"

"Sir Miss Lydia went out to the restaurant where she use to work, we tried stopping..." Rob was saying but Ryan cut him off. 

"Don't give any damn excuses" Ryan said raising his voice "did you go with her?" He asked, putting back the picture whilst closing up the tray.

"Yes we did"

"What was she doing there?" He asked astounded.

"She seems to be catching up with her ex colleagues"

"Hmm, you're still there?"

"Yes sir" Rob replied but Ryan hanged up immediately and called Lydia up.

Lydia didn't pick up immediately and it annoyed Ryan "Where are you?" He asked his voice was still at a high peach.

"I'm at the restaurant, I'm I not allowed to go out?" She asked Ryan, she mouthed 'I've got to go' gesturing to the restaurants exit, to Drey and Bella, slipping away from her sit, she reached out for her bag and started walking away.

"You don't go out Lydia, you are always locked in your house"

"I had to talk to my colleagues" Lydia said as she waved at them, they waved back with Bella blowing her a kiss, she walked out of the restaurant and her bodyguards followed when a customer entered the restaurant.

"About what exactly?"

"It doesn't concern you" she said, Ryan furiously hanged up, he hated the way she talks to him then he called Rob telling him to bring her to his company.

Lydia noticed they were taking another route, she sighed, knowing they are taking her to Ryan's company, she wondered why he wanted her there, it probably because he wants the press to take more pictures, she thought and immediately grew annoyed.

They arrived at the company and Lydia surprised to see it was a huge building that was named after Ryan's first name.

As she entered the building no one bothered to look at her, they were all busy typing on thier keyboard, eyes fixed on the computer, some of them were busy making calls and some chatting among themselves when she was led to Ryans office.

Ryan sit was turned from the door, as soon as she walked in, he turned around with a frown on his face. Ryan's elbow was resting on the arm of his chair and his finger were interwhined.

"I just don't seem to rap my head around it, what made you or why would you decide to go out?" Ryan asked untangling his hands as he shook his head and held his hand out.

"Why are you acting like you know me?" Lydia asked smirking.

"Don't answer me with a question" Ryan said furrowing his eyebrows.

"Don't try to act like you know me"

"You are my girlfriend, you are to answer to my orders" Ryan said almost raising his voice, he was curious about the incongruous woman in front of him.

"Is that how you think it works?" Lydia said raising her voice back at him. "You didn't even let me come sit before you started questioning me, I am still standing Ryan" she said placing her bag on the table.

"Oh please, you're here to sign an agreement on a no romantic relationship, I am only to order you and you do as I say and you get your salary" Ryan said after rolling his eyes at Lydia, of course the content was more detailed and it wasn't a no romantic agreement, it was more of Ryan taking precautions in case she turns out different.

Lydia chuckled and sat down since Ryan wasn't ready to do the right thing, she crossed her legs and leaned into the sit comfortably as she said.

"Hmm get Rob, tell him to point his gun to my head hmm... I'm still not gonna sign such agreement"

"What?! Are you out of you mind? You are signing it Lydia" Ryan said as he threw the paper in front of her.

"Oh dear Ryan... " Lydia said standing up and walked towards him, she placed her hand on the arm of the chair and smirked.

"You... Will... Never... I mean never get to order me around like some slave" she said as she moved her face closer to his, raising her nostrils, her breathe fanning Ryan's lips causing chills running down his spine. "So fuck the agreement" Lydia said as she stood up and walked out of his office with Rob and Corner following her.