Lightning

After breakfast, I quickly ran upstairs and had a shower. Then I started to get dressed.

I put on a pair of tight black trousers, a light blue shirt and my favourite light brown jumper over the shirt. Finally I put on my dark brown, lace up boots and a silver necklace with a silver lightning bolt on it.

I was given the necklace by my parents and there hasn’t been a day when I haven’t worn it.

After getting dressed, I combed my long, dark brown, wavy hair and plaited it in my usual style.

Lillie was stood by the window when I came down.

“Look at you!” I said. She was wearing a pale blue, knee length dress with a red cardigan over the top.

Lillie smiled and her bright blue eyes lit up. “Will you do my hair for me?” she asked.

“Sure” I replied and patted a chair that Lillie came and sat down on.

Very carefully, I combed her soft, blonde, wavy hair and put it into two plaits which I secured with two bits of light blue ribbon. Finally, I got a small white flower and put it in her hair.

Lillie smiled as she looked in a small mirror. “Do I look like mummy?” she whispered.

“Yes, just even more beautiful”. I smiled sadly. “Well, I have some errands to do so do you want me to drop you off with the Mackenzie’s and then meet you at the Parade?”

“Can’t I come with you?” she asked.

“No, I’m really sorry.” I hated leaving my little sister. I was the only one that could protect her but sometimes I had to do things without her to help us.

“Ok” she said sighing.

“Let’s go then.”

I went to the door, grabbed my brown leather satchel and slung it over my shoulder before holding Lillie’s hand and stepping out of the door.